30 - New

The sound of the shower running was the first thing he heard as he stepped into the darkness of the bedroom and his heart began to race. Tonight he was supposed to stay in with Buck. He'd promised he'd follow the social etiquette and, truth be told, he had loved the fact that Natasha had suggested that they incorporated this little tradition into their somewhat unconventional day. But his chest had ached without her beside him and his mind had screamed at him. He had tossed and turned, thinking of only her, and tried and failed to calm his unsteady heart with every passing minute. Hours had passed as he waited for Bucky's snores to sound throughout the room and then he'd crept out from his spot on the couch in the room and down the corridor towards his bride. And now the shower was running at one am. He should never have agreed to be away from her.

"Talia?" He pushed the door open tentatively, worried he'd startle her, before stepping into the room.

A cloud of steam fogged the mirror and caught in his throat as his eyes roamed over the silhouette behind the glass. Her hands were in her hair and his eyes dragged across her hips, slowly devouring the curves and planes of her body as she turned to face him. She smiled as she furrowed her brow and a tiny v puckered above her nose.

"What are you doing in here?" She laughed as she watched him pull his shirt from his body and step out of his boxers.

He stepped in beside her and his hands instantly found her hips, pulling her towards him.

"I missed you." He kissed her cheek. "So I came to you." He pressed his lips to her jaw. "And when I heard the shower I thought it was another nightmare." He trailed his kisses down her neck as his hands slipped over her ass and squeezed gently. "And now... Now I'm going to shower with you and we're going to have sex. Because you're incredible."

Talia gasped as she felt his teeth graze her collarbone and she gripped his biceps, her fingernails leaving tiny white half moons where she held him.

"Steven Rogers. I'm off limits tonight." She giggled as she rolled her head to the side and he moved his kisses to the tiny spot at the base of her neck he knew she loved. "This was yours and Nat's idea. Remember?"

"Mhmm." His breath tickled as he backed her up so that she was pressed against the wall. "I remember. I was an idiot, clearly."

Her palms brushed over his shoulders and down his chest as his lips dragged up to hers and he breathed love and longing into her. His kiss was both sweet and sinful. It was possessive and freeing. It was a kiss to savour and to set fires. It was a kiss she hated herself for ending.

"No sex Rogers."

Steve groaned as hot water pelted his skin and he lay his head against her shoulder.

"Okay. But tomorrow, when you are a Rogers, I'm going to have my wicked way with you right here." He pulled back and pressed a soft kiss to her lips. She smiled against him, squealing when he pulled her under the stream of water again. "For now just showering will have to suffice."

"Yes it will." She grinned when he reached for her conditioner and squeezed a small blob into his hands.

"Turn around."

She did as she was told and closed her eyes as his fingers combed through her hair, pulling conditioner over the strands, and she grinned when she felt him stop his combing and wrap his arms around her.

"Why are you in the shower at one am anyway Runaway? You should be resting."

Talia sighed. Rest wasn't something that came easily these days.

"I couldn't sleep. Figured a shower might help relax me a little." She shrugged as she turned to him. "Are you going back to Bucky's room tonight?"