20 - Intoxicating

Talia could feel the fire in her veins as she stood in his embrace, her breathing heavy, her hands gripping his shoulders as she slowly pulled back. She smiled up at him as she found the comfort of safety in his eyes. She gently cupped his face as he stared at her and pulled him down so she could kiss him again: gently, lovingly.

"Okay," she breathed against his lips as his hands slipped down from her waist and he grinned against her kiss, pulling her closer again, kissing her with a fire that consumed her. She pulled back again. "Okay. I'm going to get ready for bed. I'll see you upstairs?"

She giggled as she backed away and he stepped forwards, still holding her, pulling her lips back to his. "Mhmm. Upstairs. Yep."

As she stumbled backwards, pushing him off of her he laughed and ran his hands over his face and through his hair, smiling as she turned away and sauntered out of the room, still trying to catch her breath, her fingers resting on her lips.

"Don't be too long." She called over her shoulder, laughing at the goofy grin that had split across his face as he watched her leave.

*

After the steam of the shower had stripped away the smell of the bar and the stresses of the day, Talia stood in the closet wrapped in an old dressing gown, her fingers running over the shirts hung neatly on the rail. Wanda and Nat had given her some clothes and pyjamas when she'd arrived, and of course she stole t-shirts from Clint and Bruce when she could, and she had managed to get a few things in the time she spent avoiding Steve, but standing there now, her mind still caught in the kisses and caresses of just moments ago, she opted for one of Steve's shirts to sleep in. She quickly slipped it on and began to button it up as she stepped back into the bedroom, her hair still wet, dripping slightly onto the thin white fabric.

Coming in to the room just as Talia stepped out of the closet in one of his shirts Steve stopped and stared; his water bottle hovering over his lips as he watched her buttoning the shirt, smiling to herself. When she looked up she smiled sweetly and his heart skipped and stuttered.

"I - erm - I kinda stole a shirt," she gestured at her body as if his eyes weren't already dancing across it, glued to it, devouring it. "Is that okay?"

He smiled as his eyes traced the shape of her and her body seemed to ignite as his eyes roamed with a hunger she hadn't seen yet. "It looks good on you."

As Steve set his bottle down on the dresser and stepped towards her the atmosphere shifted. She could feel the heat of the moment, the way his eyes burned into her made her breathing hitch and the sudden rush of bashful embarrassment washed over her. He was just inches from her, their bodies close enough she could feel the heat coming off of his skin, close enough he could feel her breath as she looked up at him.

"Then I think I'll keep it..." her voice was barely a whisper and her eyes seemed to burn with a hidden desire, a depth of longing she hadn't been prepared for.

He ran his hands slowly from the collar of the shirt, down the seam, stopping at the button resting against her chest as he pulled her towards him, his eyes never leaving hers. He searched for an answer to the unspoken question between them as he carefully undid the first button, his hands were steady and slow as she bit her lip and stared up at him through sweeping lashes that seemed to hide her secret desires, but his heart was pounding against his ribcage.

"You know Talia," Steve whispered, his fingers moving deftly to the next button as she looked from his lips to his eyes, her chest rising and falling as she tried to steady her breathing. He smirked as his eyes flickered over her body and up to the emerald sea of her steady gaze. "I could just take it. It is a very nice shirt after all."