17 - Relentless

Talia laughed as Steve scooped her up into his arms and kicked the door closed behind him; excitement and passion burning behind the ice of his eyes. His lips crashed into hers with frantic desire and she wrapped her arms around his neck, giddy with the excitement of uncovered memories and desperate for his touch.

He lowered her gently, standing her before him as he broke the kiss. His fingers brushed over her cheeks, tracing the patterns of tiny freckles and the white speckling of scars from Matthieu's rage. Where his fingers had been, kisses followed and Talia giggled with every feather touch.

"Are you still tired? We can just go to sleep." He stared into her eyes with intensity and love and Talia smiled.

She shook her head.

"You're going to have to be clearer than that Tal."

His fingers gripped her waist with blissful pressure.

"No. I don't want to go to sleep yet."

"Good."

He leant in as if to kiss her, watching as her eyes fluttered closed and span her so that her back was against his chest. He chuckled as he heard her gasp and moved his hands to her neck, brushing fallen curls out of his way. Soft kisses ran the length of her neck as he trailed his hands down her arms with the faintest touch. She sighed as she shivered under his fingertips, moving to give him better access to her and she felt him smile against her skin.

"I've missed you," he whispered, the tickle of his words spreading the warmth of pleasure through her as she felt his fingers move slowly over the zip of her dress, pulling at it gently. "I've missed your freckles." He kissed her again. "I've missed the softness of your skin." He pushed the dress from her shoulders and nipped at her shoulder. "I've missed feeling connected to you." He moved his hand so that his palm was flat against her stomach, pulling her back to him as her dress pooled at her feet so that she was pressed up against him with no way of escaping. "I've missed showing you how much I love you." His lips brushed against her ear as he whispered and her breathing became heavy; laboured.

"Then show me," she squeaked, nerves coursing through her veins as she felt his fingers brush the waistband of her underwear. She could feel the warmth of his breath against her skin as he skimmed over her again, his fingertips never breaching that barrier, and she moaned quietly as his teeth grazed her ear.

"Face me." His voice was low and commanding.

She did as she was instructed.

Steve stepped back, removing all touch from her, smirking as a small whimper escaped her lips. His eyes ran over her body with a possessive longing and she felt herself aching for his touch. She waited in silence, nothing but lace and skin on display for him, as his eyes devoured her. He took a step closer and paused, his eyes fixed on the emerald green lace that covered her breasts as she breathed heavily.

"If you want me to stop," he instructed, "just tell me."

Talia nodded.

"Words Tal."

"I'll tell you." Her voice was breathy and dripping with desire.

Slowly, with his eyes glued to hers, Steve got to his knees before her. His hands found their place against the backs of her thighs and he pulled her closer to him watching as she furrowed her brow in confusion and stared down at him.

"I -" he kissed her stomach, his lips pressing against the silver scar there and she gasped "- love you." His hands moved gently as he pushed her legs apart and he positioned himself between them. Talia stared, wide eyed, as he kissed his way down to her panties, his hand brushing over her heat, the friction of his fingers against lace not enough to satisfy her, and he smirked against her skin. "And I am never letting you go again."