18 - Confessions

When morning sun broke through the cracks in the curtains, and Talia lay sleeping soundly in his arms, Steve woke. He lay still, blissful in the peace of an early morning with the woman he loved, as she snored softly beside him and he sighed contentedly. Releasing his hold on her slowly, he rolled away from the sleeping beauty beside him and out of the bed, padding into the closet as he tried not to wake her. Steve stretched before grabbing some sweats and a t-shirt and throwing them on. Today he planned on spending every second that he had with his arms wrapped around his Runaway, but right now, he had a few things to do. He took one final glance to where she lay on her stomach, the sheet pulled up to her waist and the warmth of sunlight trickling over her back, before tip-toeing from the room and towards the kitchen.

Turning the corner with his head down, Steve hummed to himself as he walked. There was a skip to his step and an ease in the air as he bounded down the stairs, smacking straight into some unexpected company.

"Shoot." Steve's head snapped up to meet the eyes of the friend on the stairs and he shot an apologetic smile his way.

"Captain Rogers." Vision smiled freely as he held his hands out, ready to catch his friend should he stumble from their collision.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't see you there."

Vision nodded thoughtfully as he glanced behind Steve and up the stairs.

"No," he stated simply, "your mind is still preoccupied with happier thoughts than a crash meeting with myself."

Steve blushed furiously and Vision laughed.

"I was glad to see the two of you so close at the party Captain Rogers." Vision stepped around him and began his climb to Wanda's room. "You deserve the happiness she brings you, and she: well she deserves the world."

*

The shift of the mattress beneath her and the nutty aroma of fresh coffee pulled Talia from the peaceful haze of dreams. She smiled softly as she felt the brush of fingertips across her shoulders and the sweet caress of his lips against the freckles that lay there. Her eyes fluttered open and she pushed herself up from her place, twisting to look up at the blue eyes that were dancing over her body.

"Good morning." Her voice was thick with sleep as she stretched out and Steve smiled coyly, his tongue rolling over his lower lip as he stared at her naked form.

"Good morning." He leant in slowly, trapping her lips beneath his as his hand rest against her waist, pulling her closer. "Sleep well?"

"Hmm." Talia stretched beneath him, grinning as she did so. "Definitely."

Steve laughed lightly, pulling away from her and turning to the bedside unit. Taking the small tray in his hands he grinned as he felt her sit up behind him and run her hands over his shoulders, kissing his neck softly before leaning back and pulling the sheet over herself. He turned to face her with the small tray of fruit and coffee and placed it between them both.

"I was thinking," he passed her a mug of steaming coffee and watched as she brought the cup to her lips, "maybe today we could just stay right here. We can talk, try to unlock some of those memories -"

"Maybe repeat certain elements of last night." She winked at him from above her mug and laughed when he rolled his eyes.

"Maybe." He took a sip from his own mug and leant back against the headboard.

Talia smirked as she placed her coffee down onto the unit beside her and pushed the tray of fruit away. She giggled when Steve protested and she slowly took the mug from his hands, leaning past him to put it down too before dropping the sheet from her body and straddling him. His hands moved to her sides immediately and she shivered at the touch. Sitting there, over him, wearing nothing, she felt beautiful. She felt beautiful when his eyes traced her lips and her throat, travelling down her body. She felt beautiful when his fingers danced over her skin, leaving trails of fire against her. She felt beautiful when his lips brushed against hers and his tongue coaxed her mouth open. She felt beautiful when she was his.