3. Wine

"You sure you don't need me to pick you up later?" She shook her head, "No, that's not needed." I nodded, "Alright then. Have fun, see you later."

Elodie smiled before getting out of the car and basically running into her school. I chuckled before driving off, I might as well do some grocery shopping. I played some music as I drove to the mall, a smile lingering on my lips.

I parked my car in the parking garage and got out. I grabbed my bag and went up the stairs into the mall. I made my way into the mall.

It wasn't busy at all for a wednesday morning. I passed some small shops before going into the grocery store. I didn't have anything to do today so I didn't have any hurry.

I filled my basket with the stuff I needed for the next few days before paying for it and leaving the store.

I walked around the mall some more, I didn't need anything else from here so I just walked around some. After about half an hour I made my way back to my car.

I put my stuff in the car before getting in and driving home. When I got home I put away the groceries before drinking a cup of coffee and watching the news, just to know what's going on in the world.

It was already late when Elodie came home, I had just finished dinner and was doing the dishes. She walked into the kitchen with a bright smile on her face, "Hey mom."

I smiled, "Hey hun, you're home late." She nodded and leaned against the kitchen counter. "Yeah, Logan wanted to go out for dinner with a group of friends so it got kind of late."

I smiled at her as I finished the dishes. "Are you full? I can make you something if you'd like?" "No thank you, I'm quite full. I better get started on my homework. Are we still watching our show tonight?" I nodded, "Yeah, of course. Let me know if you need any help with your homework."

She smiled and nodded, "Will do, thanks mom." She walked out and went upstairs, to do her homework I suppose. I sighed and made myself a cup of tea, I preferred coffee but I could use some tea every now and then.

I walked into the living room, taking in the vanilla scent from the scented candles I had lit earlier. I sat down and grabbed the book I was reading.

After about half an hour of reading and two cups of tea my phone rang. I raised an eyebrow, I didn't have any appointments for the foreseeable future and I didn't expect anyone to call. Only person that could call was Joe, whom called before dinner.

I grabbed my phone, thinking perhaps Joe wanted to talk some more. He did mention he wasn't too busy today. I smiled and picked up, pleased with the idea of having some more time to talk to him.

"Hey babe!" I smiled as I got up from the couch, I could use another cup of tea.

"Well I didn't expect such an excited greeting but hello to you too, Swift."

My eyebrow raised again, it wasn't Joe calling.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought it was Joe, I didn't check the caller id, stupid of me." I heard him chuckle, "That's fine. I must say, you are terribly right about everything you say."

A small chuckle escaped my lips, "How so?" It was silent for a second before he continued speaking, "You were sure I would call you, soon. Here I am, calling you. It hasn't even been a week."

A smile crept onto my face, I liked being right. "Well, Styles, perhaps next time you will believe me right away." "So there will be a next time?" I swear I heard him grin trough the phone. "Only if you let there be."

"We will." I chuckled as I made my way into the kitchen. "So was that the purpose of your call? To let me know I was right?" I heard him chuckle, "Part of the purpose. I was wondering if you had any plans tonight." "Tonight?" "Tonight." He confirmed.