27. forget me

Taylor walked outside, finding Elodie on one of the chairs outside. "You okay?" she asked as she sat down next to her. Elodie scoffed, "Why do you care?" "Because I'm your mother and I love you. How could I not care?" Elodie looked away, deciding to ignore her. "Talk to me, El."

"Ahh, talking. You just love talking, don't you?" "What is that supposed to mean?" Elodie chuckled, "Don't act like you don't know." "Okay let's try this. How about you tell me what is bothering you and I'll see if I can help you.. sound good?"

She sighed, shaking her head. "You know. You guys could've like.. thought about how this shit effects me. You break up and get back together just to breakup again. It's never ending." "So this is about that.. You know, you're my number one priority, El. If you don't want us to be together I'll end whatever is going on right now."

Elodie sighed, "I just.. You didn't even ask if I'd have a problem with it..Like you just forgot I exist. Seems like that's all everyone does lately.."

"I'll never forget you, Okay? I care more about you and your opinion than about anything else." Elodie sighed, "Yeah.." "How about you go get Marlena and we can play some games?" "She's not here" Elodie mumbled, staring at the beach.

"Where is she?" "Out with our.. her.. friends, I suppose." "Did you not want to go with them?" Elodie shrugged, "Doesn't really matter if I didn't get an invite, does it?" "Oh sweetie.." Taylor put her arm around Elodie's shoulder, pulling her closer while kissing the top of her head.

"I'm so sorry.. You know, you don't need them, let's go do something fun." "Like what?" Taylor thought about it for a second, "Let's bake cookies, we haven't done that in ages." Elodie nodded.

The two of them made their way to the kitchen, getting out all the ingredients they needed to bake Elodie's favorite chocolate chip cookies.

Half an hour later the kitchen smelled like home made cookies, causing Harry to come in, "What smells so good here?" he asked curiously, "Cookies, duh!" Elodie exclaimed excitedly, clearly not thinking about all the stuff that had been bothering anymore.

Harry chuckled, "Better let me taste them once they're done." Taylor nodded, "If we have some left you'll definitely get some crumbs." "Just some crumbs?" "If you're lucky!" Elodie added, chuckling as she made the last ball of cookie dough for the second batch of cookies.

Harry shook his head, "And here I was thinking you two were angels.. Guess I was wrong.." He joked before grabbing one of the cookie dough balls and shoving it into his mouth, walking away as the girls protested.

They were all sitting at the table, enjoying their freshly baked cookies as Marlena came in, laughing at her phone. Elodie looked up for a second before looking down at her hands, clearly still bothered by whatever had happened between the two of them.

"Hey babe, hey guys!" Marlena said, not noticing the change in Elodie's mood, she sat down next to her. After about a minute of awkwardness Taylor and Harry got up, saying they had to go get groceries for dinner, using it as an excuse to leave the two of them alone.

"Had fun?" Elodie mumbled as she finished up her cookie, Marlena nodded, starting to talk about her day which only made Elodie feel more excluded. "Sounds fun.." "Yeah, too bad u didn't come along!" Elodie rolled her eyes, "Should've invited me then."

"What do you mean?" Marlena seemed genuinely confused, not understanding what she meant. "You didn't invite me, you basically have forgotten that I exist." Marlena shook her head, "That's not true? You know I thought you just didn't want to come.. Last time you seemed super bored so I thought you just didn't like hanging out with them, if I knew you did I would have invited you?" Elodie shrugged.

"You know.. You could have stayed home and spent time with me then, you're here with me, you're my girlfriend." Marlena sighed, "I know, I'm sorry.. How about we go swim? We haven't used the pool even once, seems like a waste!" Elodie chuckled, "Because there is a beach right there?" "So what? Let's swim!" Elodie agreed and just like that they went off to go swim.

*****

"When will I see you again?" Harry asked as he looked into Taylor's eyes, worried things might change now that they're officially back from vacation. "Whenever you want, I'm only a call away. Stop worrying, makes you look old."

Harry chuckled while he shook his head, "Fine, know I'll be bothering you again very soon then." "Just the way I like it." Taylor smiled, pressing a kiss to his cheek before making her way to her car, she had already bid her goodbyes to Elodie, who would be staying at Harry's house for the next week and Marlena had been dropped off at home so now it was time for Taylor to get home, or rather to Joe's home, Madison was still staying in Taylor's house, promising her over and over again she is leaving as soon as possible.

Taylor drove to Joe's house, she felt bad for interrupting his life once again, promising herself it was the last time and it wouldn't be long, if needed she would go to her house in London.

She knocked on the door, her suitcase next to her. The door opened not much later, revealing a smiling Joe. "Hey, come in! I've got a nice surprise for you." Taylor gave him a questioning look, walking in, curious to see whatever surprise he had meant.

"Just sit down, I'll go get the surprise.." Taylor did as he said, getting nervous as she waited for him to come back, wondering what the surprise could possibly be.

Not much later Joe came back, holding a tiny kitten in his arms, "I got a cat!" He exclaimed, clearly excited. "Oh my god.. this is the cutest little ball of fur.. I am so jealous right now!" She said while swooning over the kitten, "What's her name?" "Tipsy!" Taylor raised an eyebrow, "Tipsy?" "Yeah because she's like always running into things and stuff, it looks like she's tipsy all the time." Taylor chuckled, "That's genius actually, I love it." Joe smiled, "She does get kind of aggressive at times so just be aware of that.."

"So your rooms just up the stairs and then it's the second door on your right." "Thank you again, so so much. I promise it won't be for long. You're too kind for letting me stay here." Joe nodded, "It's no problem teds, you know I have your back, always." Taylor smiled, "Thank you."

"It's all good, go unpack silly." Taylor nodded before making her way upstairs and starting to unpack. The room wasn't big but it was big enough, she wouldn't be here for long anyway. There weren't much decorations but it still looked cute. After she was done unpacking she sat down on the bed, getting out her phone, seeing Harry had already texted her.

Green eyed British dude:

Elodie is asking if you have her charger (This is definitely not an excuse to talk to you)

She chuckled at the message, looking around before seeing she did have Elodie's charger, guess she had an excuse to go by tomorrow.

U:

oops, I do! (Definitely not an excuse to see you tomorrow)

Green eyed British dude:

I could come pick it up right now?

U:

About to go out for dinner soon so I'll bring it by tomorrow :)

Green eyed British dude:

Fine, guess I'll just dream about you until then

U:

Sleeping so early huh?

Green eyed British dude:

Daydreaming :)

Taylor chuckled, texting him back before putting away her phone and making her way downstairs, "Ready to go?" she asked Joe who was sitting on the couch, watching tv. He nodded, "Yeah, let's go!" he smiled as he looked over at her.

A/N

Guess a big apology is needed, it's been ages since I updated but I reread some things and got the mood to update, I don't know if anyone still cares about this book after all this time but if you do let me know and i'll continue ! (it feels so weird writing this book i started it when i was so young ahaha it's fun tho !)