10. heartbreak fever

I burried my head in my hands as I sat on the couch, Joe had walked out and I didn't know when he was coming back. I knew he would, he always does.

I sighed as I turned on the tv, I might as well make it an okay night because it was useless to sit here and be upset.

I put on friends and sat back, watching some of the show and checking my phone every now and then.

After a few hours the clock hit eleven pm and a yawn escaped my mouth. I sighed to myself before getting up. Staying up was no use, he might be with a friend, he does it often.

I went upstairs, changed into an oversized t-shirt and brushed my teeth before getting into bed. I checked my phone one last time before putting it away and dozing off.

It was 9am when I woke up, the other side of the bed empty. I sighed and got up. He didn't come home overnight meaning he would be here in a few hours.

I was used to this by now, him being away for work and me being on tour meant us being away from each other a lot and it created too much space between us. I hated it but I couldn't change it. Both of us just needed to take some time off but neither of us could afford to do so.

I sighed and got in the shower. I took a long shower, I didn't have any plans for the day except writing some from home but I could do it all at my own time.

After I got dressed I went downstairs and took out some food. I cut some strawberries and put them down on a slice of bread.

I finished making the sandwiches and sat down at the kitchen table, eating the food as I mindlessly scrolled trough my phone.

After I got done eating I cleaned up and sat down on the couch, watching some tv as I waited for any inspiration to hit.

Suddenly I heard the door open and close. I raised an eyebrow, nobody should have been home yet, well perhaps Joe but I wasn't expecting him yet. Footsteps flew upstairs, I wasn't sure who it was.

I got up from the couch and slowly made my way upstairs, I didn't know who it was. I heard some sounds from Elodie's room so I made my way over there. I knock on the door, waiting for a response.

"Go away." I sighed before opening the door. When I looked inside I saw Elodie on her bed, her mascara running and tears streaming down her face.

I rushed over her and wrapped my arms around her, "Hey hey, what happened?" "He- he.. mom.." "Who honey, who?" She sobbed as she clung into me. "He broke up with me."

I felt my heart sink. "Why?" She shrugged, "I-I don't know." I felt my shirt soak as she cried into my shoulder. I rubbed her back. "It's okay honey, you will be okay, it's okay, I promise."

She continued crying for about three hours before calming down a little bit.

"I'm sorry mom, I just... I don't know what to do without him. I love him." I nodded, "I know, it's going to be okay I promise." She bit her lip and nodded. "I hope so."

"I'm going to make some dinner, come downstairs in a bit?" She nodded, "I'll be down in a little." "Okay sweetie." I kissed the top of her head before going downstairs.

As I was making dinner the door opened and closed again and a few seconds later Joe was standing in front of me.

"Hey." I looked up at him, "Hey." "I'm so-" I stopped him mid sentence, "Please, not right now."

He raised an eyebrow, "Are you okay?" "Elodie is upstairs devastated because of that Logan dude." His expression changed, he cared a lot for Elodie.

"What did he do." "He broke up with her, she's. een crying for hours." "Can I.. go upstairs? Check on her?" I nodded, "Yeah, she would like that, she needs comfort right now." He nodded, "I'll be back down with her soon, okay?" I nodded.

I finished making dinner and set the table. A few minutes later Joe and Elodie walked into the kitchen, a smile on both their faces. "Dinner's ready." They smiled and sat down at the table.

We talked during dinner, trying to keep the mood happy for Elodie. After dinner she excused herself to go upstairs, she needed to rest a bit.

I cleaned up as Joe watched, "Tay, I'm sorry. I was an asshole." I nodded, "It's okay just.. we can't continue like this." I put down the plate I was cleaning as I looked at him. "I know, we will work on it, okay?" I nodded, "Yeah."

He walked over to me and grabbed my hands, "I love you so much, I'm just... I'm scared that I'll lose you and then I act out. It won't happen again." "Joe, it's okay. You know it happens to me too. We will be okay." He nodded as he pulled me in for a hug.

I held on tight to him, "I love you too." I looked up and pecked his lips. "Let's go out tomorrow, okay? We haven't in a while, it would be good for us." "That sounds good, handsome." He chuckled, "Let's go outside for a while, pretty."

I chuckled as I grabbed his hand, leading us outside. We sat down on the bench at the small pond in our garden. I leaned my head against his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around me. "I'm really sorry, you know.. I know things lately haven't been great and-" "Baby shh, it's okay. We will be okay, let's just enjoy the fact we are together now, okay?" He nodded, "That sounds good. Thank you for being you."

I chuckled as I turned to him, placing a soft kiss on his lips, "I love you my handsome husband."