16. night out, lights out

She finished off cleaning her plate before making her way upstairs. It was 7:50, meaning Harry would be there in ten minutes.

She rummaged trough her clothes, trying to find something she liked. After two minutes she found a dress she liked. It was black and reached to her lower thigh. She put on some lipstick before grabbing a black bag and putting her wallet, phone and keys into it.

She made her way back into the hallway, sliding into a pair of black heels right as the doorbell rang. She grabbed a long black coat. before opening the door, smiling as she looked at the person in front of her.

"You ready Swift?" The blonde nodded, "Ready as ever, Styles." She put on her coat as she stepped outside, closing the door behind herself.

He led her to his car, opening the door for her so she could get inside. She smiled as she got in, buckling her seat belt. Harry got in on the drivers seat, glancing over at her as he put on his seatbelt.

"Are you gonna tell me where we are going?" "Mm, I could but what's the fun in that?" Taylor rolled her eyes, acting fake annoyed. "Oh come on, you aren't actually annoyed." Harry nudged her, a small laugh escaping his lips. "Just tell me where we are going." "Nope." "Why?" He shrugged, "You will see." "When?" "Soon enough."

She sighed, not amused by his idea to keep it a surprise. Although, he was right, about fifteen minutes later she knew where they were headed. They were going back to the small café they had been to once before. A smile appeared on her face, "Got it." Harry looked over at her, smiling brightly at her. "Knew your would, Swift."

Taylor smiled as she saw the small sign with "smozies" on the door. Harry pushed open the door, letting Taylor walk in first. Harry followed her inside, a hand resting on her back as he allowed her to look around, taking the place in once more.

Nothing had changed since last time they were there. Taylor smiled before turning to Harry, "Still amazing." He smiled, nodding in agreement.

As soon as Margret, the owner, heard them talking she turned to them and made their was over to where they were standing. "Harry, lovey, you have returned." "I did, I always do." "You brought her, oh I'm so glad." Margret turned to Taylor. "Taylor welcome back here! I have been telling Harry to bring you back around. He seemed so happy around you, it made my heart happy. I'm glad you've returned." Taylor smiled as a small blush crept up her cheeks. "Thank you for allowing me to come back. I had a lovely time last time, I doubt it will be any different this time."

Margret smiled, "Let me bring you to your table, the same one as last time?" Harry nodded, "Yes please." Margret led them to the table, a smile resting on her face as she did.

"What can I get you two to drink?" "A beer." She turned to Taylor, "And you sweetheart?" Taylor was about to say she would like a beer, to keep it simple for her but instead Margret continued talking. "We have a lovely new dry white wine, I think you'd like it. Should I get you a glass of that?" Taylor smiled at the woman, "That would be lovely actually." "Great, I'll be right back."

"She's been begging me to bring you again since last time." Harry admitted once Margret was getting their drinks. "How so?" "Because you're the only person I have brought here. She saw you made me happy, she likes it when I'm happy." Taylor smiled, "she has a point, happiness looks good on you."

Margret made her way over to them, giving them their drinks. Taylor sipped from the wine before nodding, "You were right, this is amazing. Thank you Margret." The woman smiled, "I'm glad you like it. I'll be at the bar if you guys need anything."

Two hours and a few drinks later they were talking and laughing, as if they were teens again. Suddenly Taylor noticed that the song on the radio was hers, she never liked hearing her songs back in public places, it made her feel embarrassed for some reason. "They're playing my song." She mumbled to Harry, who immediately knew what she meant.

"Margret can you switch the radio channel? We don't like this song." Normally he wouldn't ask but they were the only ones there and it was Taylor, he would do anything for her.

Margret looked at them confused, "Oh no, I love this song! It's so good, the woman singing this is so talented she seems like a sweetheart. What's her name again.. T- Tris- Taylor Swift yes, that was it." She chuckled as she nodded. "She has the same name as you Taylor, it's such a pretty name."

Taylor chuckled, "She's actually quite an annoying woman, really." "Oh no, why do you say that?" She looked confused, not realizing the Taylor in her café was the Taylor. "Oh hush, Tay. You just hate her because I have a thing for her."

Margret chuckled, thinking the conversation was funny. Taylor stayed silent for a second, realizing he was speaking in the present tense, not the past. "You're a funny guy." She rolled her eyes before playfully slapping his shoulder, deciding not to mention it to him.

The song ended but Taylor's relief didn't last long. She would trade the next few minutes for a million more of her songs in the radio.

"That was Willow by Taylor swift. She might be singing about "Her man" but it's recently become obvious that she and her husband Joe split up." "Oh poor thing" Margret said as she listened to the man on the radio, not noticing Taylor was tearing up. She had successfully removed thinking about Joe and everything from this evening and now it was all coming back at her.

Harry took her hand, softly squeezing it, trying to help her a bit. "Reports aren't clear on the cause but isn't it tragic. All those years thrown away. Let's not forget to mention that Taytay has already been spotted out with ex love Harry. Could there-" "Margret please switch the channel."

Margret looked away from the radio as she heard Harry speaking, noticing Taylor was wiping away a tear from her cheek as Harry softly squeezed her hand. Quickly she changed the channel to some random song that non of them knew.

Margret made her way over to them, "Why are you crying, dear?" Taylor sighed and shook her head, "I'm fine, I'm sorry I tend to tear up at random times." She wiped away her tears and faked a smile the best she could. "Oh honey." Margret seemed to believe her before shaking her head, "What's your last name, sweetheart?" "Swift-Alw-.. Swift."

Margret gave her a look full pity, "I'm sorry sweetheart. It get's easier, I promise. And you have this lover, you will be more than fine." Taylor smiled, "You're a sweetheart." "I'll get you some more wine, you deserve some." Taylor nodded thankfully.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" Harry cut her off, "Don't you dare say sorry. Those assholes are jerks, okay? You're amazing, don't let it get to you."

She nodded, "Thank you, Harry. For tonight, for everything, really." He smiled as he squeezed her hand, "Always."

They stood in front of Taylor's door, ready to say goodbye. "Would you— would you like to come in, have coffee or any other drink?" Harry smiled, "I would love too." She smiled, leading him inside.

She got both of them a cup of tea, carefully handing him his cup. "Do you want to sit outside?" He nodded, "That would be nice."

They walked outside, sitting down on a bench in the middle of the garden. A smile appeared on Taylor's face as she looked up, seeing the cloudless sky. The stars were all so clear to see.

She pointed at the sky, "Those stars make the bear, do you see it?" He looked at where she was pointing and nodded, "I do."

Slowly she let her head fall against his shoulder, he mindlessly wrapped his arm around her, pulling her closer. They sat and stared at the stars for god knows how long. Neither of them minded the fact it was cold, they were perfectly comfortable right there.

As they sat there, a wave of realization hit her.