11. Accidents happen

It had been days since Logan broke up with Elodie but she was still walking around as some sort of zombie, It was starting to worry me.

She didn't know why he broke up with her, he just said it wasn't working and wouldn't give her any other explanation. Joe and I have tried everything to make her feel better but it's hard.

We decided we would have a family day today, we got tickets to a theme park, Elodie did seem to like that idea. We aren't forcing her to go to school, if she wants to stay home for a few days to feel better, then we want her to have those few days.

I grabbed my bag as I slid into a pair of shoes. "Joe, babe, you ready?" "Yes, one second." A few seconds later Elodie and Joe appeared, ready to go.

"You look pretty." Elodie smiled, "thank you." We made our way into the car, I got into the back seat as Joe was driving and Elodie wanted to pick the music so I let her sit in the passenger seat.

I smiled as I watched Joe and Elodie make jokes and have fun, I loved their bond so much and I was so grateful they got along so well.

We stopped for a red light, Elodie let out a sigh, "Can this stupid thing hurry up?" "You have to be patient hun." "Well I suck at that." I chuckled and shook my head.

The light went green and we started driving again when suddenly I heard a loud noise and everything went black.

(Nobody's pov)

Elodie appreciated the attempts Taylor and Joe were making to cheer her up, sometimes she thought they went a little over the top but it was sweet.

Their idea to go to a theme park today was fun, she liked it. She smiled almost the entire ride there, she liked picking out the music. When she heard a Harry song begin she quickly switched to another song, she knew Joe and Taylor had some problems because of her dad, she didn't want to make it worse.

Taylor noticed that she switched it and slightly raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything about it. Joe on the other hand didn't even notice.

When they stopped at a red light Elodie got impatient, "Can this stupid thing hurry up?" "You have to be patient hun." They laughed at the slight remark before starting to drive again.

Midway the cross section another car went trough a red light, Joe didn't notice, therefore he couldn't swerve and the other car didn't even seem to try to swerve. He crashed right into their car.

The second Joe realized what had happened he turned to Elodie, "El, you good?" Elodie nodded as she checked herself, "Just a small scratch on my arm, I'm fine no pain, you?" Joe nodded, he felt a little dizzy but he was okay. "Tay you okay?" When he didn't get a reply he climbed out of the car as soon as he could, he saw a dent in the car, right where Taylor was sitting and the other car had taken off. "Assholes." He muttered underneath his breath as he opened the door at Taylor's side.

"Tay? Baby?" Elodie climbed out and ran to him too, "Is she okay?" "Call 911 El." Elodie grabbed her phone and did as he said. Joe carefully took Taylor out of the car, holding her carefully in his arms. "Tay? Talk to me." He felt his heart racing as she didn't move nor replied.

"Please talk to me, wake up." He was panicking, she wasn't moving, she wasn't doing anything. "They will be here soon." Elodie mumbled, all color in her face had seem to have left. "Is she... Is she okay?" "I don't know El, please just... Please stay close to the car, I don't want you hurt too."

Elodie nodded as she looked at her mother, frightened that something bad actually happened. "Why is she bleeding?" "Where?" "The back of her head, there's a lot of blood." Only then Joe noticed his arm was covered in blood. "Fuck fuck fuck." He tried to reposition her so her head was supported.

A few minutes later an ambulance arrived. Joe talked to them as they put taylor on a cart and rolled the cart inside the ambulance. Elodie just nervously stared, not knowing what to do.

Eventually they all got in the ambulance and rode to the hospital. They were already putting needles and other stuff in Taylor, it was scaring both Elodie and Joe. "What are they doing to her?" Joe shrugged, "I'm not sure."

Once they arrived to the hospital they took Taylor into a separate room, to do a check up and all that, that's what they said at least. Joe was at the front desk, filling in some paper work.

This left Elodie alone in the waiting room seating era. She was already in a frantic state but when she saw her father come out of the hallway into the waiting room era she felt her heart sink. What was he doing here?

She got up and walked over to him, her hands in her pockets. "Dad?" Harry looked up, slightly confused to see his daughter here. "El? What are you doing here?" "Could ask you that question."

Harry smiled, "madison needed a check up, just the yearly thing. Nothing important. She will be out soon, why are you here?" He was still confused, not understanding why she was in here.

Right when she was about to answer Joe walked into the room. He walked up to Elodie and patted her shoulder, "They told us to wait, they can't say anything yet." Harry gave them a puzzled look, he didn't fully understand what was going on.

"Joey can u get me a drink, please? I'm really thirsty." "Of course, what do you want?" "A coke please." Joe nodded and kissed her forehead before walking off to go get her a drink.

"So why are you here exactly? I'm quite lost." Elodie looked at Harry for a second, "Mom." "What about her?" "We got in an accident and she isn't well."

Harry felt his heart drop, his throat closed up and he felt like he was about to faint. "What do you mean, she isn't well?" "She wouldn't wake up and her head was bleeding, we are waiting for the doctors to tell us what happened. They were already putting stuff in her in the ambulance."

Harry looked concerned, he was about to have a freak out but pulled himself together. This was his daughter's mother. He had to be strong for her.

"Are you okay?" She shrugged, "How can I be?"

He pulled her in for a hug, "I'm sorry sweetheart. She will be okay, alright? I promise." She nodded as a few tears spilled down her cheeks. She was trying to stay strong, to keep up this force of being okay but she was tired. Everything was going wrong.

She had lost Logan, the person she loved—loves. She couldn't bare to lose her mother, her support system, too. She needed her and she just needed something that felt like home. She needed comfort.