22. you can't do this

Taylor unlocked the door and stumbled inside, Dan following her. "Where is your room, doll?" Taylor pointed at the back as she clung to his arm. He led her to her room, making sure she didn't fall.

When they reached her room he opened the door for her, "Go change your dress darling." She looked up at him, "Can you um.. help to.." He chuckled and nodded, "Of course, anything."

Even though Dan had almost the same amount of drinks as Taylor, only one or two less, he was doing a lot better, he was used to having a lot of alcohol in his system as he went out often. He walked her to the closet and held up some dresses for her after she pointed at what drawer they were in.

When she found one she liked he handed it to her, "I'll be outside, okay? Let me know when you are done I'll help you to the kitchen to get you some water." She nodded, "Thank you."

She changed, somehow without falling down. When she was done she stumbled back to Dan. "Can you.. zip?" He nodded before zipping her up, "There you go, sweets." He wrapped his arm around her waist, "You need some water." She nodded as she pointed towards the kitchen. He carefully led her there and put her down on a chair before getting her a glass of water. She smiled as a thank you before drinking the whole glass. He filled the glass up again, "It's important to drink enough water, I don't want you to wake up with a headache."

He sat down next to her as he checked his phone, "If you want we can go back but I don't think that's a good plan, you shouldn't drink more." Taylor nodded as she sipped on her water.

Half an hour later she had emptied two more glasses of water and had sobered up a lot. "Thank you for being so helpful, you didn't have too." Dan smiled at her, "Well of course, it's the least I could do." She smiled at him, "It's still really sweet."

Dan smiled at her, "I should get going, it's getting late." Taylor shook her head, "No no, stay here tonight, it's late you shouldn't travel on your own this late. There's enough spare rooms, only if you want of course." He nodded, "Alright, that's alright with me." She smiled, "Good."

As they were cleaning up Elodie and Marlena came home. They walked into the kitchen to grab something to drink before bed. "Oh, mom." Taylor turned and looked at them. "What time is it?" "almost one am.." Taylor sighed.

"You were supposed to be home at twelve, remember?" "I know, I'm sorry.." "It's alright just don't let it happen again, okay? Or text me next time, will you?" Elodie nodded, "Will do and uhh.. Who is that?" She looked at Dan, confused as to why there was a random man in the kitchen.

"Oh, that's Dan." "I'm Dan!" Taylor chuckled, "He's a friend, he's staying over tonight. Go get to bed now chop chop." Elodie sighed, "We wanted a drink first actually." Taylor nodded, "Alright grab what you want, clean it up after you are done and then head to bed, okay?" Both of the girls nodded, "Thank you."

Taylor and Dan walked out of the kitchen, slightly laughing. "Well, you have now met my daughter." "She's basically a brown haired you." Taylor smiled, "I like to think so." He smiled and nodded.

"You can just crash in my room, if you want." He nodded, "Sure." They walked to Taylor's room as Taylor walked straight to her closet. "I don't know, what do you want to sleep in? I don't really have many manly clothes." He chuckled, "What I'm wearing right now will do." "That's way too hot!"

He shook his head, "It's alright, darling. I'll be fine." She nodded, "Alright well I'm gonna change quickly, okay?" He nodded, "Of course."

Taylor walked into the bathroom, changing into an oversized t-shirt and some sweat-shorts. She brushed her teeth and went back into the room. She smiled at Dan as she got in bed. He got in on the other side. "Goodnight, gorgeous." He smiled and kissed her cheek before turning on his side, facing her with his back. "Goodnight." Taylor smiled as she did the same, slowly falling asleep.