19. avoiding him

It's been almost a month since Harry last saw Taylor. He had called her, texted her, even came over a few times but she never seemed to be home.

The only reason he knew she was alright was because Elodie told him so. Today, he was going over again. He couldn't stand not seeing her.

He knocked on the door, waiting for it to open even though he didn't have any hope. He didn't expect her to open anymore, he was ready to be disappointed again, to stand in front of a closed door.

Against all his expectations, the door opened. Although, it wasn't as he had hoped. It wasn't Taylor. "Uhh." He looked right inside two brown eyes, eyes that belonged to a tall man. He had never seen him before, he had no idea who this man was.

"Can I help you?" "I'm here for uhh, for Taylor." The man nodded, "I'll go get her." Harry sighed as the man disappeared inside the house. A few minutes later he came back, "What's your name?"

"Harry." The man nodded before going back in, he was sure she wouldn't want to see him. He was ready to leave, to be disappointed again.

But once again, his expectations didn't come true. A few seconds later a tall blonde appeared, wearing a white sundress with flowers on them. Her hair was in it's natural curl, laying over her shoulders. He noticed she wasn't wearing any make-up, she looked like a fairy mixed with an angel he thought to himself. Prettier than anyone should be.

"Harry." She had a faint smile on her lips, he couldn't figure out if she was happy with his visit. "Tay-" He was cut off by her, "You didn't tell me you were coming over today."

Harry raised his eyebrows, "It's not like you were replying to my texts." "Oh, right." She nodded, it was clear that she wasn't sure what to say.

"Well emh.. do you want to come in?" Harry nodded, "Sure." She led him inside into the living room. It looked the same as last time he was here except some pictures had been changed.

They sat down on the couch, there was an uncomfortable silence between them.

"So emh.. Guess I have some explaining to do?" Harry nodded, "You could say that." Just as Taylor was about to speak the guy that had opened the door walked back in, holding two cups of coffee. He put them down in the table in front of Taylor and Harry.

"Thank you, sweetheart." The man smiled at Taylor and nodded. "Anything else I can do?" Taylor shook her head, "No sweet it's fine. Please go get home, Nikkie would be glad to have you home dealing with the twins." "Are you sure?" Taylor nodded, "I'll be fine sweetheart, I'll see you again soon." "Alright, I'll see you again soon." The man nodded, kissing Taylor's cheek before leaving.

"Who was that?" Harry asked curiously, he knew he shouldn't care about who Taylor has over but he can't help but be curious. "Oh that? That's Jamie, he's a friend of mine. He has the sweetest wife, their kids are cute too. They come around a lot, darling people really." Harry smiled, "They seem sweet."

"Yeah they are.." Taylor smiled as she sipped from her coffee. "I assumed you would want coffee." Harry nodded with a thankful smile before sipping on his coffee. "So.." "So.." Taylor repeated.

"I shouldn't see you." Harry looked confused, he didn't get what she meant. "You don't need me to come make your life more confusing and chaotic."

Harry shook his head, "Where are you getting this from? That's not true." Taylor sighed as she took a sip from her coffee cup before putting it down. Harry tried to read Taylor's expression, trying to understand what she was thinking but it seemed impossible. "Your girlfriend made it clear enough that I'm nothing but trouble in your life." She said the word girlfriend as if it was some kind of horrible illness, because no matter how hard she tried to hide it, she hated it.

"I'm not here to create trouble in your life, Harry. That's the last thing I want to do. So please, don't argue with me. It will be better. You have your life together, you have it all, it's better if I'm not here to make it complicated for you."

Harry shook his head, "What do you mean." "You don't need me, Harry. I don't add anything to your life so we shouldn't see each other, not outside of things concerning Elodie."

He could see in her eyes she was having a hard time saying this and that she doesn't want him to go against her because she knows, she can't win if he does, she knows she will break.

"No." She raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean?" "Just no. I don't care what anyone says. I want you in my life, I need you in my life, Taylor. You make me happy so, no. I'm not accepting this."

Taylor shook her head, she doesn't know what to say. She didn't have enough time to prepare this. "It was made clear to stay away from you." "I don't care." "I can't mess up your life, Harry. I won't let myself do that. I can't live with myself if I do that to you. I just can't, not again."

Harry sighed, "You don't mess up anything, I promise." Taylor shook her head, she was trying to find words but she knew, she wasn't winning this.

"I want you in my life Taylor, doesn't that stand for anything? Doesn't that count?" Taylor sighed before nodding, "Alright then. Just, please, make sure I don't let me mess things up for you. I wouldn't be okay with that, I wouldn't want that." Harry nodded, "That won't happen, I promise." Taylor nodded, a small smile lingering on her lips.

"Also.." Taylor looked at him as she picked up her coffee cup, waiting for him to continue speaking. "So about that invitation... Is that still open?" Taylor nodded, "Of course, always." Harry smiled, "Then consider it accepted."

Taylor smiled, "That's great." Harry smiled, "I wouldn't dare to turn down such an amazing invitation, I'm not that stupid, am I?" Taylor chuckled, "Turns out, you are not, Styles." "So it was in question that I was before, Swift?" Taylor chuckled as she shook her head, "I wouldn't dare."

They chatted for another hour or so, their easy flow returned to them, if it was ever truly gone. Harry smiled on his way home, happy that he had fixed things. The only question was, for how long?