5. think about him

I heard the door open and close. "I'm home" Elodie's voice came from the hallway, she didn't come into the living room but instead stormed up to her room.

I sighed, clearly she was still mad about god knows what. I thought she would have came around by now. I decided to give her a little more space.

I made dinner for the both of us, it was just some simple pasta because I wasn't in the mood to make a more complex meal. We both liked pasta so it was good enough.

I placed the plates on the dinner table before calling her downstairs. She stormed downstairs and sat down without saying a word.

I sat down too and smiled at her. She stared at me with a blank face before turning to her food and starting to eat.

"Did you have fun at your dads?" "Sure." I sighed, "I'm glad, did you do anything fun?"

I took a bite of the food as I looked at her, waiting for an answer. After a minute she looked up and shrugged, "Nah."

"Mm, okay." "When will Joey be home?"

I sighed, "in a week or so." "Mm, good."

I nodded, "He misses you, you should call him sometime." She took a bite, "Sure."

I sighed and finished my dinner. We didn't say a word after that. As soon as she finished her food she got up and walked away.

I sighed, I really didn't know why she was mad. We didn't have an argument or anything like that.

I finished dinner and cleaned up the plates. I did the dishes before going to the living room. I grabbed a book and a blanket, I might as well read some.

After an hour of reading I heard footsteps on the stairs, Elodie was coming downstairs.

I turned around when she walked into the living room, "Hey el." I said with a smile, she groaned in response.

I sighed, "So are you going to tell me what's going on?" She shrugged, "Nothing. Leave me alone."

I raised an eyebrow, she never acted this way towards me and I definitely wasn't going to let her act this way. "Manners."

She laughed, "You're one to talk about those." "What's that supposed to mean?"

She shook her head, throwing her hands up in the air. "Why don't you go ask dad, you two are best friends now, right?" She turned around on her heels and walked into the kitchen.

"Get back here." I stood up and went after her. "What do you mean with that?" I didn't understand what she meant.

"You two are suddenly best friends, right?" Her voice was harsh, she was angry. "We talked a little, that's all?" "Oh, just at the grammy's, right?"

"Yes, at the grammy's."

She laughed and shook her head while pouring a glass of water. "Liar. You liar." I raised an eyebrow, "Excuse me?" "You heard me."

She sipped from her water before crossing her arms. "Oh. How did you know?" "I asked dad, he told me you two went out for drink last week."

She shook her head, taking another sip of her water before throwing the remaining water away. "Well that was all it was, drinks. We thought it would be good for you if your parents were able to communicate with each other."

She shook her head, "Fuck you. and fuck dad too."

She walked out of the kitchen, trough the living room, into the hallway.

I followed her, "Watch your language." "Fuck you and fuck dad too." she repeated, louder this time.

"Elodie, we just did it because we thought it would be good for you." She shook her head, "Neither of you give a fuck about what I want, you never have. I don't want you two to talk but you don't care and decide what you think I want. Nobody cares about what I want." Her voice was loud, she was yelling.

"Elodie... I actually thought it would be good for you." "You are ruining everything. I liked the way it was." She threw her hands in the air.

I sighed, "I'm sorry." "You're sorry? You're pathetic."

I bit my lip, we never fought. I didn't want to fight with her either.

"I swear I didn't mean to-" she cut me off, "What about Joe? How do you think he feels?" "I-" "Oh right, you probably don't give a fuck about his feelings either."

"Elodie-" "No. Don't even say anything. Think about Joe, think about him. He is your husband, he has feelings. Try giving a fuck about anyone besides you for one." She stormed off, slamming her bedroom door when she got to her room.

I was left standing in the hallway, I wasn't sure what to do. She was right, it was unfair to Joe, I should tell him and talk to him about it but Harry is the father of my child, it would be healthier to be able to be in the same room with him.

I sighed and walked back into the living room. I grabbed my phone and texted him, asking if he had time to call. He replied saying he had to shoot a scene but would call afterwards.

I sighed and waited, half an hour later my phone rang. I picked up and sighed, "Hey love." He sounded exhausted. "Heyy." "Everything okay?"

"I just wanted to talk to you about something, how long do you have?" "I'm done for the day so as long as you need me." I nodded, "Okay, good."

"So what do you wanna talk about?" his voice sounded quite tired. "So basically umm.."

"So you know me and Harry talked at the grammy's right?" "Yeah, I'm aware." "Okay so after that we went out for drinks once, just as friends of course to catch up some and last week I had dinner over at his house, I was dropping off El and Logan and he invited me to stay for dinner so I did."

I heard him sigh, "That's all?" I nodded, "Yeah, that's all." He was silent for a second, "I would have preferred it if you told me this beforehand but, I trust you so I don't care much. Thank you for telling me, I appreciate it."

I sighed, "I know I should have told you before, we just don't talk much anymore." "I know, I'm sorry. I'll be home in less than a week, I promise." "I miss you lots." I knew he was smiling now I could hear it in his voice when he had replied, "I miss you too love, soon enough I will be back."

I smiled, "I have to check on El, we had a fight."

"I hope you two make up, good luck love. Tell her I said hi." "Will do, Love you." "Love you."

I hung up and put away my phone before upstairs. I knocked on the door, "Go away. I don't want to talk to you." I sighed, "Elodie, please."

I opened the door and leaned against the door frame. "No, I don't want to talk." "Please?"

She sighed, "Say what you have to say."

"I'm sorry I didn't ask for your opinion, I genuinely thought it would be better. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I talked to Joe about it, he is fine with it all. I hate fighting with you, more than anything. So I would love it if we could talk it out."

She shook her head, "Glad you and Joey are okay. Think about his feelings first next time. It's unfair to him." I nodded, "I will."

"I don't mind you and dad being friends but please, keep Joe's feelings in mind. He is important to me too, I don't want you to hurt him."

"I will, I promise." She nodded, "I'm sorry for yelling." "It's okay, you had the right to be upset."

"I love you mom." She stood up from her desk and walked over, hugging me. I smiled and hugged her back, "I love you too El."

She smiled, "I have to continue my homework, I'll come downstairs for some thee and cookies later, okay?" I nodded, "That's fine with me, let me know if you need any help."

She nodded, "Will do." I smiled and walked out of her room, closing the door behind me.

I went downstairs and continued to read my book. After reading a few chapters I decided to go on twitter, liking some tweets and replying to some.