23. Oceans

She sighed as she walked out the door, she needed to get out of that house. She felt stupid to think that maybe he would pick her, she felt stupid for thinking he would actually choose her this time.

It's been two days since their talk and nothing changed. If anything, Harry was more over Madison than before. She was ready to just go home at this point. Every second near them just made her heart break into a million more pieces.

Taylor made her way over to the beach near the place they were staying. When she found a nice spot she sat down in the sand and opened her phone, scrolling trough twitter before putting it away, not in the mood to see whatever drama is going on there.

As she was staring at the sea she heard footsteps behind her, she couldn't be bothered to look who it was. It didn't even matter who it was, she wasn't in the mood for any company.

"Hey" a soft voice spoke. "You alright?" Taylor looked up, a soft smile on her lips. "Why wouldn't I be darling?" Elodie shrugged, sitting down next to her mother. "You seem off the last few days, just wanted to make sure." "I'm alright sweetheart, shouldn't you be off to some party or something?"

Elodie shook her head, "Rather spend the day with you today, Marlena is hanging out with them though but I declined today." Taylor smiled, "You're a sweetheart. Why don't you go back inside, put on some sunscreen and grab your stuff, we'll go out for lunch and we can go shopping?"

Elodie smiled, "Alright, sounds awesome!" She smiled, kissing Taylor's cheek before getting up and walking back to the beach house.

Taylor smiled to herself, grateful that no matter what, she would always have Elodie. Just as she was about to get up someone else sat down next to her.

She looked to her side, a sigh escaping her lips. Of course, Harry just had to follow her outside. She shook her head as she got up. She wasn't in the mood to talk with him or even be near him.

"Stay." Taylor ignored him, starting to walk away. "Please, Taylor." She turned back around, looking at him. He was still sitting, looking out over the sea.

"I don't have anything to tell you, Harry." "Then don't talk and just sit next to me, watch the waves." She kept silent for a second before sitting down next to him, watching the waves as he had said.

They sat in silence for a few minutes, watching the waves side by side. A soft sigh escaped Taylor's lips before she started getting up. "Don't go yet."

"Elodie is waiting for me." Harry finally let his eyes move away from the waves, he looking at her now. "But I need to talk to you." "You can do that tonight."

She walked away before he could protest. As she reached the beach house Elodie was already waiting by the front door. "Ready to go?" Elodie nodded, a smile on her lips.

"Hey ladies" Taylor turned around, looking right into Madison's eyes. She put on a smile, slightly nodding in acknowledgment. "Where are you two going?" "Lunch!" Elodie answered her.

A big smile formed on Madison's lips. "Oh, great! Me and Harry wanted to go out too, we can all go together." It stayed silent for a few seconds before Elodie spoke. "Actually, we are going to have lunch with a business person, it would be very unprofessional of us to bring more people. Next time though." She said with a smile.

Taylor raised an eyebrow as she glanced at Elodie. "Oh, well I'm sure if you text the-" "We are running late actually, we have to go now." Elodie said quickly, grabbing Taylor's arm and dragging her away to one of the cars.

Once they got into the car, Taylor turned to Elodie, trying to keep a straight face. "What was that?" Elodie just bursted out laughing. "I'm sorry just... I did NOT want her to come." She said laughing. "I'm supposed to lecture you about lying right now but honestly, I'm proud of you right now."