25. Dropped hands

"Why did you let me do this?" "Do what?" "Let me fuck everything up, again."

He shook his head, "What do you mean Tay?" She sighed before speaking, "Just.. You were happy and then I came back into your life and now everything is just messed up.." "Hush, no it's not."

"Yes it is Harry, can't you see? I come back and now your girlfriend is gone! And what do you do? You tell me it's not my fault when it very clearly is. You should be on a plane going after her to make her stay right now but instead you're standing here.."

He stayed silent for a few seconds, not sure what to say. "Tay.. I wasn't happy with her okay, she wasn't the person I'm supposed to spend the rest of my life with and me and her both knew that. It might make me an asshole but I knew since the second you came back into my life that it wasn't going to last with her." "That does kind of make you an asshole.." She chuckled and shook her head. "Just.. It's not right. You promised me that I wouldn't mess stuff up and now.." "Stop that Tay, it's not your fault. You can't help the fact that I love you."

Her eyes widened as she heard his words, "O.. Um.." He chuckled, "You don't have to say it back love, just trust me, it's not your fault, promise." She nodded, "I need some water." He nodded, "I'll get it for you." He smiled at her before disappearing into the kitchen. Taylor sat down, burying her face into her hands. How could she just act as if he wasn't with someone else a day ago?

He came back with a glass of water and a smug smile on his face, "Soo.." Taylor looked up at him, accepting the water from him. "I was thinking that we should go out tomorrow, what do you say?" "Like all of us going out for dinner? Sounds good yeah." He chuckled, "No no, I mean you and me, a date."

Taylor basically spit out her water. "O-Oh.." He patiently waited for her to process his words. "I think that... I think that.. I'd like that." She nodded before taking another sip of her water, still trying to process the fact she just said yes to a date with Harry. He smiled, "Great, I'll make sure it's perfect, promise!" She looked up at him, a smile appearing on her face as soon as she saw his smile.

Taylor sighed as she looked into the mirror, had she done too much? Maybe she didn't dress up enough.. She was wearing a sundress with sunflowers on it and she had made a braid with the two front strands of her hair which she had tied to the back of her head, the rest of her hair was in it's natural curl. She didn't go with too much make-up, just some natural eye makeup and her classic red lip.

In the other room Harry was having almost the exact same problem, he wasn't sure if he should dress up in something more fancy than jeans and a button up shirt.. What if she was wearing something casual then dressing up more would look stupid.. But if she dressed up then maybe he would look stupid in this..

He sighed to himself before walking out of the room after quickly grabbing the flowers he had bought for her. He waited in the hallway, trying to calm down his nerves. This was Taylor, he has known her for as long as he can remember, he would be fine.

He forgot how to breathe for a second when her door opened and she stepped out. "Y-you look beautiful.." he said as had a huge smile on his face. "Thank you.. you too.." She smiled at him, a slight bright creeping up her cheeks. "I got you these" he said as he handed her the flowers.

"Oh you didn't have too.. They are beautiful, thank you." She said with a smile as she smelled the flowers, "Gosh, these smell so good! Let me go put them in a vase!" She hurried into the kitchen, getting a vase to put the flowers in. Once she was done she came back, "Okay done. Let's go!" She said as she grabbed her bag. He nodded as he opened the door for her, leading her to the car where he once again opened the door for her. "Thank you" she said with a smile as she got in the car, putting on her seatbelt.