9. care to explain?

I slammed the door behind me as I walked into the house. A small "pluf" sound rang as I dropped my bags on the floor. I kicked off my shoes and walked further into my house.

I knew Joe wasn't home yet so I didn't need to go so hello to anyone before changing into some more comfortable clothes.

Slowly I made my way upstairs, putting away the bags I had picked up again before changing into some comfortable clothes. I took off my make-up before going back downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and made myself some pasta, simple but good dinner.

After the food was done I went into the living room and sat down on the couch to eat. I turned on the tv and started eating.

Halfway into my dinner I heard a small "pling" from my phone. I frowned as I picked up my phone.

A small smile formed on my lips as I noticed it was Joe. The smile faded as soon as I read the message.

"Care to explain?" it said, a link to an article with it. I raised an eyebrow as I clicked on the link.

The first thing I saw was pictures of me and Harry in the mall on a bench. I read the headline, "Perhaps they do never go out of style, Swift and Styles are back together?"

I chuckled and shook my head. Surely nobody believed this, it's obvious it's just friendly.

I scrolled down a bit, there were some pictures of us walking with our arms hooked together and some of us on a bench eating our ice cream.

Taylor Swift and Harry Styles were spotted together today, this isn't the first time. They were seen going out for ice cream today. Arms hooked as they went to get it and later feeding each other some of said Ice cream. Could there be more to this than friendship? We surely think so.

There is no use in denying that these two have a long history, their daughter Elodie Styles is proof of that. Their love story ended over a decade when Swift married actor Joe Alwyn after merely a year of being together. Lately though, there has been no sight of Alwyn and a lot of sight of Styles.

The last time we got Swift-Alwyn news was at the Grammy's, the night Styles and Swift re-united after years of not speaking nor seeing each other. Perhaps this caused some trouble in paradise for Taylor and Joe.

A source close to the two said that ever since the Grammy's the two [Styles and Swift] have been enjoying spending time together. Supposedly there have been more meet-ups than we have seen. The source also told us that they are both very happy to be back in touch and couldn't be happier about the bond they have.

The source didn't confirm that Alwyn and Swift have split up but didn't confirm that they are still together either. The source did they that they are very happy for them [Styles and Swift] and wishes them a lot of luck for the future, hoping they keep enjoying each other's company as much as they do now. Love, how cute.

Do you think there might be more going on than a little bit of friendship between Taylor and Harry or do you think it's all just friendly co-parenting? We are convinced there is more behind this and we can't wait to get to the bottom of this.

I rolled my eyes before clicking off. I was about to close my phone when I remembered I had to text Joe back. I sighed before I started to type.

U:
I was at the mall and ran into him, we decided to go get ice cream. That's all, really.

Joey<3:
I hope so. We will talk when I get home. C u in a small hour.

U:
It was 100% friendly. See you soon. Kiss.

He didn't reply back but left me on read. I sighed as I threw my phone besides me and continued eating while mindlessly staring at the tv.

After a few minutes I picked my phone back up and went to Harry's contact. I opened the chat and typed something, I pressed send without thinking and within a minute it was opened, too late to take it back.

U:
Hi, have u seen the stories? Crazy right. How do people just assume that we are dating again? It's ridiculous.

Green-eyed british dude:
You know how people are Tay, you can't stop them from talking. You never have been able to stop them, you won't now.

I was about to text him back when another message came in from him.

Green-eyed british dude:
Just relax, a few tabloids won't do any damage. You and Joe have been together for a long time, he will believe you over some lies. If they really bother you then just post something with Joe, it will make the rumors go away.

Green-eyed british dude:
I know you and Joe are more of a private couple though so if that would bother you, post something in which you friendzone me or show-case your ring in a subtle but noticeable way.

U:
Thank you Harry, means a lot. Hope they don't bother you.

Green-eyed british dude:
They don't, I stopped caring about what a few people on the internet say. If it was up to them I was dating everyone I interacted with in the past.

I chuckled as I read his message.

U:
Okay, I'm glad. I had a lot of fun today.

Green-eyes british dude:
Me too, thanks for all the fun.

I smiled as I put down my phone, I got up and cleaned up the dishes. After I was done I sat back down on the couch. Right after I sat back down Joe walked in.

He walked in, slamming the door behind him. "Hi." I looked at him, staying quite for a second before finally replying, "Hey."

"So. We need to talk, don't we?" I nodded, "Yeah, come sit down." He sighed and slightly nodded before walking over and sitting down next to him.

"I thought we had an agreement." "We did." He sighed and burried his head in his hands. "Why is it so damn hard for you to do what we agreed on. I don't ask much from you so why can't you just do what I ask." "I didn't plan on seeing him. I ran into him. I got home like two seconds before you texted me. Please calm down."

He threw his hands in the air as he got up. "You could have just told me while being with him? People actually think we aren't together anymore. That's not my fault. That's yours. Fix it."

I bit my lower lip, "Maybe stop yelling at me so we can actually talk and figure this out instead of always arguing. I'm tired of arguing."

"Then leave. You know where to find the door, don't you?" I froze as I heard his words.

"Are you serious?" "Yes, if you can't accept the fact I'm upset then leave. Taylor, you're not twenty anymore, you can't act like a teenager anymore."

I got up and sighed, "It's not even that. I just don't want to fight and it seems to be everything we do lately." "Not my fault."

I sighed as I walked towards him, "This happened before too. You know that Joe. We have to fix this or we won't work anymore." He sighed, "I'm going out, I can't deal with this right now." I sighed, "Seriously, Joe, seriously?" He shrugged before turning around and walking out.