Chapter 3

A shrill ring left the bicycle's bell as a dirt-covered teenage boy's hand accidentally pulled its lever, flinching as it kept feeling the area around it, eventually gripping the bike handle tightly to pull said teenage boy up from his laying position.

Chunks of dirt hung inside his dirty-blonde hair and he looked like he was about to faint any second as he lifted himself into a standing position and forced his eyelids open, gasping as he stared at his own miserable reflection as he coincidentally stood beside a clear lake. He must've reached the edge of the woods!

The tall boy now came to his senses, turning around immediately and gathering all his strength in order to shout and scream for help. "Yoongi! Jungkook!" His voice echoed throughout the forest multiple times which made him shudder.

"Yoongi! Jungkook! Where are you guys?!" While continuing to yell his lungs out, he tried to remember how exactly he had gotten himself into this situation. He'd been with Yoongi and Jungkook, the three of them racing their bicycles through the deep mysteries of the forest before they got seperated by the raging storm and Jungkook losing his keys. At first, they'd found it fun to see the brunette lagging behind since Jungkook had a tendency of winning almost every single race and it was quite satisfying to see him lose for once.

But at some point, the fun had worn off and the two of them grew slightly worried of their friend and tried to find him again since the bad weather worsened and the sky got darker. However, none of their attempts to get the situation back under control had worked and they eventually ended up completely seperated.

Yugyeom panted heavily, starting to run around the muddy grounds desperately to at least find Yoongi. And after around ten minutes of continuous shouting and uneven running, he saw something at the other end of the lake. Something that looked an awful lot like a human body.

"Yoongi? Yoongi!," he exclaimed, sprinting towards the passed out person as well as he could and letting out a huge gasp as he realized that this was in fact Min Yoongi, a short boy with dark red hair, wearing a headband and Nike basketball shorts, his muddy matte black bicycle lying only a couple feet away from him. Yugyeom's knees completely gave up as he saw a huge, bloody gash across Yoongi's face, vertically drawn from his forehead and reaching the end of his cheek.

"Yoongi! Are you okay? Can you hear me?," he called desperately, dropping onto his knees and shaking his friend's shoulders in attempt to wake him. And fortunately, after only about a minute or two, the red-haired boy awoke slowly, his cat-like eyes blinking weakly and a low groan escaping his scratchy throat.

"W-Wha-- Yug?," he rasped, patting the space around him and scrunching his nose as he sensed his fingernails digging into dirty mud.
"Wh-Where's Kook?," he asked quietly, Yugyeom's stomach dropping as he had absolutely no idea where the brunette could be. He had searched the entire area around the lake and had so far found not a single trace of the young boy.

Feeling a clammy feeling enclose his throat, he shrugged. "I-I don't know," he admitted croakily, trying to pull the other boy up. When he sensed Yoongi's body struggling, he let out an exasperated groan.
"C'mon Yoongs, please. We need help fast, Jungkook could be anywhere and he could be injured. Let's find a police station. Can you see fine? That cut looks nasty..."

With a big amount of help from Yugyeom, Yoongi eventually managed to get on his feet, his knees shaking like those of a newborn deer. He honestly looked like he was about to pass out once again, wincing at every single movement he made but the thought of his friend Jungkook lying around helplessly somewhere in the forest, possibly injured, made him fight through the pain.

Forgetting their bikes, they moved around the forest and made sure to scan every single speck of dust for at least a little trace of Jungkook, nothing but pure anxiety engulfing them.