Chapter 10

Jungkook seriously wanted to slap himself for his own stupidity. How in God's name could he have forgotten?

It was at his fifth day staying at the kingdom Elysium when he realized that he completely forgot about the fact that he had actually brought his phone with him. Things were just so messy and he was so busy trying to adjust to the unusual circumstances this place brought to him that it just slipped his mind. But now that he remembered, he really, really wanted to slap himself.

Having breakfast with the crown prince in his beautiful pavillion Rosaly was starting to become a daily thing, and he most certainly was not complaining about that. The food was the most delicious thing that he had ever tasted, the sunset was always beautiful to watch and Taehyung's company was actually extremely pleasant. The prince loved telling him stories of his and his siblings' childhood at court and in return, Jungkook told him a few things about his daily life in the common world. Of course, he couldn't help but mention his beloved motorbike in every single sentence.

This morning, Jungkook couldn't sit still let alone eat peacefully since his mobile phone kept popping up in his mind and the desire to find it, turn it on and try to contact his loved ones was pretty much driving him insane. Taehyung immediately noticed how worked up he was and appeared to be quite concerned, asking him whatever was the matter with him. The brunette was truly grateful for that.

Hesitantly, he tried to explain his situation to the older and just hoped the blueberry-haired male would take some pity in him and let him search for his phone. Where even was that thing? But considering how stubborn Taehyung was, how seriously he took his position and how sceptical he appeared about the other world, he was seriously starting to doubt it.

However, much to his surprise, the Prince nodded. "I suppose you could. After your arrival, I have collected your phone-thing and those odd wires that came with it and hidden them in one of my drawers. In case any of my servants or cleaning maids happened to see. I actually knew beforehand that you would ask me this. As long as you don't expose the existence of Elysium..." Jungkook wanted to jump up and down in relief and happiness.

As soon as they had returned to the castle, Taehyung opened the drawer of his completely golden dressing table, revealing Jungkook's shattered but still compatible phone, along with earphones and charger completely tangled up. Probably the 'odd wires' that Taehyung was referring to earlier.

The brunette's heart leapt wildly in his chest as he pushed the On-Button to turn the thing on. The crown prince, never having seen anything more unusual, was watching him and the phone intensively. When the display turned on and Jungkook could see his all too familiar lock screen, he let out a breath of relief. The fact that his battery was also almost full made him even happier. This was amazing news! Now he could contact his family and explain the situation to them!

That was until he realized that he had absolutely no phone service. Something he maybe should've seen coming in a secret kingdom that seemed to be stuck in nineteenth-century tradition.

"Do you guys have any Wifi here?," he asked, and could already guess the answer by the appalled look on the prince's face. "Do we have Wi-- what? Whatever that should be, we do not."
Jungkook cursed in mind, staring at his lockscreen, which showed him, Yoongi and Yugyeom posing in front of their bikes with a smile, in pure longing.

"I presume these are your companions? And those are motor...bikes?" Taehyung also caught a glance at the lockscreen and sighed when Jungkook nodded sadly.
"Peculiar things, these little boxes that you commoners call mobile phones." He joined the brunette who was sitting on his mattress and laid a hand on his arm, figuring this was the least he could do to comfort him after he had been such a great help to him emotionally.