Chapter 33

More and more, Taehyung grew to feel accomodated to the commoners' world that he had once thought of such an abhorrent and unspeakable taboo.

With a disciplined mind and more of Jungkook's old school things, he worked his brain to its ultimate capacity and was proud to say he had learned everything he needed for the new school he attended. Math problems he could now solve much quicker than Jungkook, no matter if vectors, square roots or else.

He even had to admit, it was quite empowering to possess this amount of knowledge. However, something he valued even more was the fact that he could now study everything related to medicine as he pleased. It was extremely gratifying, sitting in the Jeons' living room in the evenings, his nose poring over yet another biology or chemistry book as his ears picked up the wonderful sound of firewood burning.

And before going to sleep (he still slept in Jungkook's bed and felt no rush to move elsewhere), he liked to recite his newly gained knowledge to Jungkook, to which the younger didn't object to and simply listened to until his eyes started drooping and he fell asleep listening to Taehyung's voice which, to him, sounded smooth like dripping honey.

After the humiliation he had to endure on his first school day, the prince was delighted to say there was no further occasion on which he happened to embarrass himself. Mr. Ma still didn't seem to like him very much, however, clearly grew to respect him and his knowledge, persistence and (quite lonely) enthusiasm in class.

The boys were currently busy planning an event to celebrate Jungkook's returning home, a 'Welcome-Back-Home-Party' that would take place at the Jeons' residence. Taehyung was quite looking forward to that as he had never witnessed a party in this new world. All he was used to were the silly banquets and feasts in Elysium during which no one actually seemed to be having fun. Or maybe it had just been him who failed to enjoy those events.

It was not a surprise party, which meant that Jungkook had full knowledge about this party and could participate in the preparations, something he was very grateful for. If there was one thing he didn't like, it was surprise parties planned behind his back for whose procedure he would hardly have a say in.

He was very glad to see Taehyung feel more comfortable in his environment as time passed. He got to see his flower-like smile, hear his laughter ring like bells and see his cheeks glow in a healthy, rosy colour.
Something he was also extremely relieved about, Taehyung had crept his way into his friends' and parents' hearts.

Mr. and Mrs. Jeon, who had been so sceptical about him in the beginning, were now perfectly fond of him and were ready to let him stay in their house for the rest of their lives. Yoongi and his brother also adored him very dearly and every time Jungkook spent time studying at Yoongi's place, he brought Taehyung with who was simply the best study help they could have asked for.

It was just Yugyeom who seemed to have a personal vendetta against the boy despite all the polite efforts of said boy. What only could be his problem?

Today was another where the four of them met up and sat together in Jungkook's room, along with snacks and drinks, to plan the party further. They wanted this party to be the most fulfilling event ever. However, not one with tons of alcohol, people and loud music. Much rather, they wanted this to be a gathering with trusted people and events they know they would all enjoy.

"So, who wants to take care of the catering?," Yoongi asked, holding a list with different categories that all needed to be covered.
Taehyung and Jungkook looked at each other. "I think one of us could do that. Food at Elysium was pretty much an artwork, I can't tell you how many times I watched Jimin do the plating and even did it myself."

"The food isn't supposed to be an artwork, it's supposed to taste good," Yugyeom spoke, rolling his eyes. Yoongi raised his eyebrows, deciding to continue before the situation could happen to escalate into something they didn't want as the frown on Jungkook's face looked quite dangerous. Every time they mentioned the secret kingdom, Yugyeom turned dismissive and talked of it as if he were talking about a bunch of disgusting insects!