Chapter 15

Within the blink of an eye, the whole castle was busy making preparations. Preparations for Taehyung's inevitable birthday party.
And hell, Taehyung did not look forward to it.

Half his days were spent sulking in bed, arms crossed and lips formed into an angry pout. Several days, he refused to get out of bed for hours, no matter how hard Jimin and Jungkook tried to coax him into standing up and starting his day.

"Your Majesty, please!," Jimin exclaimed in desperation, removing the duvet from the prince's body and sighing when his eyes were still forcefully shut and he didn't budge at all.
"Try pinching his nipple?," Jungkook suggested, raising his eyebrow at the very stubborn Taehyung. He couldn't help but be reminded of his twelve-year old self and all the exam mornings he spent refusing to get up and even pretending he was sick. His poor mother had had an extremely hard time dealing with him.

"His nip-- You barbarian! How dare you suggest such a grotesque thing? This is Elysium's crown prince, every single part of his body is worth gold!," Jimin scolded angrily which made the brunette shrug.
"Just a suggestion. My mom always did that when I was too stubborn to get out of bed. I mean, I can do it for you if you don't want to. I'm only his fake servant, you know?" He walked towards the bed but the blonde blocked his way and slapped his chest.

"Do not touch him!," the servant protected his prince aggressively which made Jungkook raise his hands in defense. "Okay, chill. I won't do anything." When Jimin had calmed down, he walked towards the edge of Taehyung's bed and kneeled down so his face was close to the other's.

"Taehyung. Rise and shine, sleeping beauty," he spoke quietly in amusement, observing the prince's admittedly very beautiful sleeping face.
"I will not," said prince grumbled with his eyes tightly shut, turning towards the other side stubbornly. "And I am not Sleeping Beauty."

Jungkook had not given up yet. Of course, there was always the option of emptying a bowl of cold water over his head but that would cause too much of a fiasco, wouldn't it? So he decided to act differently and bent over the bed so that his face was now directly over the prince's.

"Get up now or I'll pinch your nipple until it starts bleeding," he whispered into Taehyung's ear lowly and snickered when the latter's eyes widened in horror and he sat up in his bed, looking mortified. "What a horrible thing to say! Must you really scare me like that?"

Jungkook shrugged. "You were being stubborn." Jimin was inspecting him sceptically. "Your Majesty, did he threaten you? Did he threaten to hurt you in the most hor--" Taehyung shook his head.

"He did not. I apologize for refusing to wake up, it is just that I remembered that father wanted to speak me today and by the thought of that, my whole morning seemed ruined," he stated, yawning cutely and rubbing his eyes which made Jimin run towards him and hold his wrists.

"Don't do that, Your Majesty. It will blemish your beautiful skin. Please wait for a moment, I will get you dressed." Shooing Jungkook away and carrying the prince's clothes for today along with a glittering tiara, Jimin helped the blue-haired boy out of bed and grabbed a golden comb to flatten his quite disheveled bed hair.

And in spite of how tired Taehyung was of this uncomfortable daily morning routine, he didn't complain and smiled weakly as he appreciated Jimin's efforts and concern in regard of his well-being and Jungkook, realizing that, felt extremely proud to be the one to have triggered this major change in the crown prince's behaviour.

°○●○●○°

"After you have failed to do what we asked of you many, many times, your mother and I found it necessary to take matters into our own hands."