Chapter 11

The next two days, Taehyung was quite busy. But among tutoring sessions, harpsichord lessons and further royal duties, he somehow still found time for Jungkook and spent it with him. Perhaps the two of them shared a deeper connection now, like friends did.

Jungkook's injuries were now completely healed thanks to the crown prince and he was well fed and perfectly well rested at Elysium, which he was grateful for. If he had spent all this time in the forest wandering about desperately, he didn't think he'd have survived. What was he supposed to live of, mushrooms and berries? And would he have so sleep on the dirty, hard ground? What if it stormed? All in all, maybe he was lucky to randomly have found this curious place. With the little disadvantage that there was no way back. But at least he had a new, beautiful friend.

He also started spending a lot of time with Jimin involuntarily, the two of them staying in the royal kitchens and him pretending to be a skilled servant. He started feeling a little bad for the other servants here, he surely was living a much more luxurious life than all of them combined due to his friendship with the prince. His only worry was that he might get busted and someone might find out where he actually was from. That would probably be the definite end of his life but luckily, nothing of that sort had happened so far. Taehyung was right, servants really were invisible.

Trying to mentally reassure himself that one way or another, he might get back, he was almost starting to get used to this lifestyle. If that was good or bad, he could not tell. He felt quite torn apart: this kingdom was a fantasy world come true with all its glitz and glamour and he appreciated everything that was given to him here but as much as he told himself not to, he couldn't help but feel homesick. If there were a way home, he'd immediately drop everything and be on his way. Everything except for Taehyung, maybe. Maybe he'd take him with him.

Would that be kidnapping?

"I wish to go horse riding today, I have no idea why," the prince suddenly said out of the blue while sitting on his canopy bed perfectly elegantly. Jungkook looked up to him from his own mattress and made his way over to him to then sit next to him. Yes, he had finally gained the privilege on actually sitting on Taehyung's furniture, which was pretty much a miracle.

"Then let's go. I haven't been outside in like a week, I could need some fresh air," he encouraged, smiling lazily. Jumping up happily, Taehyung excused himself briefly to get ready and put on his riding gear, which took a horribly long time, probably because Jimin wasn't there to dress him. Jungkook thought of jumping in for the blonde servant but then got extremely embarrassed at the thought of dressing someone else and decided to wait instead.

"Do you mind putting the helmet on me? I have never been too skilled with these clasps." Taehyung returned, holding a riding helmet in his hand and fumbling around with its hands, evidently having a problem putting it on.
Since Jungkook basically grew up riding bikes everywhere he went, he had had his fair share of accidents and pretty much was an expert to when it came to helmets and putting them on safely, horse riding helmets couldn't be too different.

He lifted himself off the bed and gestured the prince to stand in front of him, taking the heavy helmet and putting it on his head safely so that every inch of his skull was perfectly protected. He then fastened the helmet tightly (but not too tightly so it wouldn't choke him) so it wouldn't fall off. "Can you come a bit closer? I need to check if it's on properly." Taehyung looked extremely panicked at that, clearly awkward about skinship. "I-Is that really necessary? I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself!," he just stammered.

"Not really. Safety comes first." Not waiting further for a response, the brunette stood closer to him and tried twisting and turning the helmet on his head, looking satisfied when it wouldn't budge. "We can't have our crown prince falling off his horse and injuring his head now, can we?" He laughed at Taehyung's adorable sulking face.