Chapter 5

The next morning, Jungkook awoke by the sound of loud knocks and a chiming voice.

"Your Majesty, it is time to wake! The King awaits your presence after breakfast," it spoke behind the heavy door of the prince's room.
"Enter," another voice mumbled groggily, the shuffling of bedsheets could be heard and the brunette snapped his eyes open.

At first, he didn't exactly register where he was. He would've expected his mother to come inside his room and shake him awake as always, scolding him for sleeping so late yet again and basically dragging him out of bed. On school days, he found that to be extremely bothersome but under those circumstances, he would have hugged her. He wanted something, anything to prove the fact that he was still Jeon Jungkook. To prove the fact that he even existed.

But the first thing he saw when opening his eyes was a beautiful ceiling, painted blue with white and fluffy clouds just like the ones he had seen the moment he got here, the marble around it carved into delicate shapes. To make the sight even prettier, the prince had two grand golden chandeliers, staring right down at him like a huge cat's bulging eyes.

And as he turned his head, he laid his eyes upon an evidently very sleepy Taehyung, silk-made sleeping mask tossed aside to reveal half-lidded eyes and messy bedhair that looked anything but elegant but nevertheless, beautiful. Jungkook had to resist the urge to smile as he saw the prince yawn tiredly, stifling a yawn himself.

Jimin walked inside perfectly awake and already dressed in his uniform, carrying something that looked an awful lot like a trolley, several plates with pure silver, spotless cloches covering them. "Let me, Your Majesty. I will dress you and then you shall decide whether you wish to have your meal in your chambers or in the dining room with the rest of your family."

The prince raised his arms above his head as he yawned once again and slipped out of his canopy bed, rubbing his face with his slender hands roughly which made the blonde servant gasp. "Your Majesty, you shan't rub your face like that. It is highly uncharacteristic for a royal to--"

"Quiet, Jimin. You talk just as my mother would. I wish to wear my silver diadem today, will you set it up?," the blueberry-haired male snapped which made Jungkook raise a brow at his attitude. Did all royals talk to their servants like that? Servants that spent every precious second of the day fussing over them, their health, their safety...

"Of course, Your Majesty. Let me just rectify your wonderful, luscious locks," Jimin answered with a little bow, grabbing the hairbrush that Jungkook had already seen yesterday and softly stroking it over the prince's head. He seemed unfazed, his expression stoic as ever. The brunette had a sad feeling that servants were forced to swallow up all their emotions constantly, no matter how sad or angry they felt.

Neither of the two seemed to realize he was awake, so he silently watched Jimin fix the crown prince's hair and once again looked away immediately in panic when Taehyung was once again being undressed to change into his dayrobes or whatever. And a good twenty minutes later, they finally seemed to be done.
Jungkook could absolutely not relate. At home, he didn't even bother doing his hair and just threw on whatever clothes slipped into his fingers. It wasn't like he had much variety.

Taehyung looked... nice today. In his hair sat a proud little crown-like thing, the silver decorating his head making him look even more elegant than ever. Similar to yesterday, he wore robes that seemed to flow and glide with every single movement he made, the material silver and shiny. His skin seemed to glow as if he took a bath in pure gold. And as a completion, colourful jewels hung around his neck, his wrists aswell as his fingers.

"Your Majesty, as the King has requested your presence in the throne room after breakfast, I advise you to have your meal in the dining hall." The prince scoffed in annoyance. "How thrilling. Enduring my parents' tyranny at breakfast and after it, too. Well, you best leave all of this food here for the commoner when he awakes. Then you may bring him to the sewing rooms, I had some new gowns demanded to be sewn. And of course, the commoner's new garments. I am certain he is still asleep, let us leave."