Chapter 1 Felicia

There were so many things that were going through Felicia's mind on this cold freezing winter night. She opened the front door and stepped inside her quiet New York apartment. 

I love my job as a registered nurse but I have no social life. She thought while taking off the gray coat which was covered with snow. 

The weather was extremely cold and freezing outside. A joyful feeling flooded her bones as she breathed a sigh of relief as the warmness inside the living room circulated through her body. She rubbed the palm of her hands together and sat on the sofa. She was feeling so tired and all she wanted to do was take a long warm bath and then curl up in bed reading one of her favorite romance novels. 

She remembered her father and how heartbroken she felt when he was murdered. She was fifteen years old when he was shot dead. It had devastated her mom, Francine. Felicia was never told much about what happened. She later learned that he was involved in the drug business. Her mother warned him to get out of it but he was too stubborn and refused to take heed to her warnings. Felicia later forgave him and she would always say that he was her hero. 

Felicia was a twenty-seven-year-old African American woman with a smart mouth. Her flawless dark skin and thick hair radiated her vibrant personality. Her dark brown eyes complimented her oval face and pointy chin. Her voluptuous body was made up of a thin waist and a large chest which made her a busty woman. She would often tell people that she got good genes from her mother and grandmother. 

She undressed and tied a white silk robe around her body. Her cell phone rang out loud, frightening her a bit. She quickly got up from the couch and went to retrieve it from her handbag. 

"Hey," She said, answering the phone immediately. 

"Hey, girl. I was wondering if you wanted to go out tonight." It was her best friend, Renee. They met while they were in kindergarten. 

"Renee, I'm feeling so exhausted tonight but we can go out this Friday night when I'm not working," Felicia told her, turning the tv on. 

"Okay, Felicia," Renee said. "I'll just hang out with Dantae tonight." Dantae was Renee's boyfriend. 

Unlike Felicia, Renee was petite and light-skinned with piercing brown eyes. 

"Okay, Ren. I'm sorry but I'll make it up to you." Felicia said, walking towards the kitchen. 

"Okay, my best friend. I'll let you go and get some sleep. Are we still going out to have dinner on Sunday?" 

"Yes, Ren we still are. I love you."

"I love you also. I'll see you on Sunday. Bye." Renee said to her.

Felicia hung up, put her phone down on the sofa table, and walked towards the bathroom to take her long-awaiting bubble bath. 

                    ____________