Chapter 16 Happy Birthday Dad

Alejandro stood with his mom, Ingrid, at his father's graveside. Antonio Garcia would've been fifty-three years old today if he was still alive. Alejandro reflected on his dad's life and how much of a good man he was. When he came from Mexico with his parents and two brothers, his family had nothing. He hated the poor life so he and his two brothers became hustlers and went into the game.

They started hustling in the streets and together they started Garcia's Financial Corporation. Alejandro remembered his father would always say to him that he should help people that needed it. His dad touched a lot of people's lives. When Antonio died his two brothers left the United States. One went back to Mexico and the other went to England. Alejandro and Isabel still kept in touch with them. Isabel was in Paris so she couldn't be there with them.

Alejandro had tears in his eyes as he hugged his mom. They both were standing and remembering a great father and husband. They put flowers at his graveside. Alejandro will never forget his dad and what a great man he was.

"Happy birthday, dad. I love you. I'm trying to run the business the best way that I can." Alejandro said as he looked at his dad's grave.

"Happy birthday, my love. We miss you but you're at peace now. No one can ever hurt or betray you again." Ingrid said with her hand covering her mouth.

John was waiting for them in Alejandro's black Ford SUV. When they came inside the car, Alejandro told him to carry his mom back home and then take him to the office.

***

Renee was sitting at her desk at work and trying to get some figures calculated. She went to the third floor to give some documents to Alejandro's personal assistant Judy. She bumped into Alejandro on her way going up.

"I'm so sorry. I was not paying attention." Renee said smiling.

"It's okay, Renee. Welcome to Garcia's Financial Co-operation. If you need anything you know where to find me. I wasn't here on your first day." Alejandro said to her.

"Thanks, boss. I love it here already. I need to get back to work and thanks again." Renee replied to him.

"Sure," Alejandro said and went back inside his office.

**

Renee gave Judy the documents and went back to work. She remembered that she was meeting with her best friend Felicia for lunch.

***

Felicia was at work and trying her best to focus. Her mind was on Alejandro and she felt as if he was avoiding her today. She called him over two times today and it all went straight to voicemail. She called the office but Judy told her that he was out. She was hoping that he was not upset with her because she refused to move in with him. She checked her time and realized that it was her lunchtime. She clocked for lunch and drove to the restaurant to meet Renee.

"Bestie, are you okay? You haven't touched your lunch." Renee asked Felicia.

"I'm good, Ren. I tried to call Alejandro but it went straight to voicemail. I called the office and was told that he was out." Felicia replied to her.

"I bumped into him earlier at the office when he came back. I heard that today is his dad's birthday." Renee said to her. Renee was texting Isabel so she told Renee.

"Really. I didn't know. He didn't say anything to me. I need to try and call him back. He asked me to move in with him and give him a daughter two nights ago." Felicia said to Renee.

Renee choked on her soda. "He what?? Bestie, you have my boss hooked. That's the power of a real woman."

"That's not all. He had my name written across his back. I was shocked when I saw it. That's deep, Ren."