CHAPTER 34 In Control

Chapter 34 

"Sis, get up. You have an appointment to see the therapist at ten." Dantae informed Felicia while pulling the covers off her. "I don't want us to be late." 

"Oh, God. You made that appointment, Dantae?" Felicia asked him in a sleepy voice. 

"Yes, I did, sis," Dantae responded to her. "Renee made your favorite breakfast." 

Renee had made pancakes and eggs for her before she went to work. 

"Where's Ren?" Felicia asked him as she got up off the bed. "I can't go today because I don't feel well. I've also stopped drinking." 

"She's gone to work," Dantae replied. "That's good, sis, that you haven't been drinking but we're still going. Once you get up and take a nice warm bath, you'll feel better. I'm also going to make you a cup of your favorite black coffee." Dantae said to her and walked out of the bedroom. 

Felicia followed behind him pouting. "Oh, shit! I forgot that I have an appointment to do my nails today at the same time." 

"You can reschedule that. I refuse to sit and watch you throw away the bright future that you have ahead of you. I'm sorry that things didn't work out with Alejandro. Do you want me to talk to him for you?" Dantae asked her. 

"No, honey. I've got this. Aren't you supposed to be at work today?" 

Dantae shook his head because he knew that Felicia was doing everything in her power so that she would not go to the appointment. 

"I took the day off so that I could take you," Dantae replied to her. "The doctor's name is Dr. Joseph and she's a nice person. Hurry up so that we can hit the road." 

"Oh, okay," Felicia nodded as she pulled the stool and sat at the island inside the kitchen. 

She ate slowly, hoping that Dantae would get frustrated and leave. She didn't drink any wine for almost a day and she felt better. 

She ate her breakfast slowly and browsed her Instagram account. Dantae sat down on a stool at the island watching her. 

"Okay, okay, Dantae. I'm going to take a shower." 

"You need to so that we can get going," Dantae said to her. "Sis, you're stressing us out. Please stop drinking and start taking back the medications. Have you told Ren and Fran that you know how to use a gun and that you've purchased one?" 

"I'm sorry. I've quit drinking. I haven't told them yet but I'll tell them soon." 

"Okay," Dantae replied to her. 

Felicia got up and went to take a bath. 

She was wearing a white off-the-shoulder crop top along with her blue ripped high-waisted jeans pants. On her feet, she wore a pink and white low-cut Air Force One. Her hair was in a bun at the top of her head and she had on the diamond necklace that Alejandro had purchased in Miami for her when they just started dating. She was going to get her man back alright. She knew just how to use reverse psychology on him. She smiled to herself while looking in the full-length mirror on the wall. She had gained a few pounds and she needed to work it off fast. She came inside the living room and saw Dantae sitting on the sofa smoking a cigarette. 

"Dantae, can you wait for me inside the car, please?" Felicia asked him. "I just need to go back for my phone. I left it inside the bedroom." 

"Sure, sis. Do your thing. I'll be inside the car waiting for you." Dantae said to her. He got up off the sofa and went inside his car. He put on his seat belt and turned up the volume on the radio of August Alsina's song 'Rounds' and bobbed his head to the lyrics of the song.