Chapter 18 Phobia

Joel walked around the office with his hands tucked inside of his pants pockets. He decided to pay the new accountant Renee Anderson a visit down on the second floor. She had told him at the club eight months ago that she had a man but he has never seen her with him.

"Yes, Mrs. Whyte. I'll bring them to you shortly. Give me another hour. You're welcome. Bye." Renee said and hung up the telephone at her desk. Mrs. Whyte was her manager in the accounts department. Renee checked her time and proceeded with her work.

"Hello, Ms. Anderson. What's up, little mama?" Joel asked Renee.

Renee looked up from her computer and saw Joel standing before her desk. He was wearing a black jacket suit with a white shirt underneath it. Some of the buttons on the shirt were open and she could see some of the short curly hair on his chest. She smiled at him. 'Damn, why does this man keep on tempting me.' She thought to herself.

"How are you, Joel?" Renee asked him as she took her eyes off the computer.

"I'm good, Ms. Anderson. How are you?" Joel asked her.

"I'm okay, Joel," Renee replied to him. "You can call me Renee. What's up?"

"Okay. Nothing much. I'm just trying to hold things down until Alejandro gets back. Let me take you out to lunch today."

"Actually, my boyfriend, Dantae is taking me to lunch," Renee said. She knew that this was coming the moment that she saw him approaching her desk.

"You know something, Renee. How come I've never seen you with this man of yours?" Joel asked as he smiled and showed his cute pair of dimples.

"He's a medical assistant and he works long hours so he's always at work. You think that I'm lying, right?"

"I didn't say that little mama," Joel replied to her. "I'm just trying to understand the situation here. You're a beautiful girl and no man in their right mind should think of leaving you alone."

Renee stood up from the chair, patted his shoulder, and looked at him. "Thanks, Joel. He's not leaving me alone. As I said, he's busy but we're good."

"Okay, Renee if you say so, sexy. I told you already and I'll say it again. You're looking damn good. I'm going back to the office." He whispered in Renee's ear and went inside the elevator.

Renee smiled and rolled her eyes because she wasn't going to cheat on her man who has been there for her when she was at her lowest. She went back to work.

***

Felicia and Alejandro were still in Jamaica. They were supposed to go sightseeing today but Alejandro was working even though he was on vacation. Felicia searched through Alejandro's suitcase for one of his shirts to put on.

She was not prepared for what she saw next. It was a gun and she was scared of them. She dropped it on the floor and screamed.

Alejandro was out on the balcony working when he heard Felicia scream. He stopped what he was doing and rushed to see what happened to her. She was trembling. He tried to hold her but she shoved his hand away. He then saw his gun on the floor.

"Why the hell are you walking around with a gun?!!" Felicia screamed at him.

"Lower your voice, mi amor. I carry it around to protect us. I'm a businessman so I have it for protection." Alejandro told her, softly.

"I hate guns, ever since it killed my father. My only phobia is guns and the loud noises that they make. What other businesses are you into, Alejandro?"

"Baby girl, you already know what business I'm into. I've been carrying a gun since I was eighteen years old. Isabel and I both know how to use them." Alejandro tried to touch her arm but she stepped away from him.