Chapter 15 My Mansion

It's been two days since the car almost ran Felicia over. She only told Renee about it. She never said anything to Alejandro. Renee suggested to her that she should tell Alejandro but she told Renee that there was no need for that. Renee had assumed that maybe it was Jenny but Felicia told her that it was not Jenny's car.

Fran was back home. She wanted to stay longer but her charity organization needed her. Felicia, Renee, and Dantae went back to California with her in Alejandro's private plane. She called Felicia to see how she was doing.

Felicia sat in the park gathering her thoughts when her cell phone rang.

"Hey, mama."

"Hi, Felicia. I just got home. How are you doing today?" Fran asked.

"I'm good, mama. I need to ask you something," Felicia said to her mother.

"What's wrong baby? Sure, I'm your mother. You can ask me about anything."

"Did they ever find any suspect in connection with daddy's murder?" Felicia asked her.

"Baby, no they never did but because of the circumstances under which he died, the police weren't going to do anything much. Is everything okay?"

"Not really. Two days ago, I was almost run over by a car inside the parking lot at work. I didn't see who the driver was. So, I'm wondering if it had anything to do with daddy's death." Felicia said to her mother.

"Oh, my god baby! Did you report it to the police?" Fran asked her.

"No, I didn't," Felicia replied to her.

"Baby, you need to report it. What if they try to do it again?"

"I'll watch and see mama. I don't want to get alarmed over something that was not much of a big deal."

"That is a big deal, Felicia. That was one of the main reasons why I never wanted you to move back to New York at all. I do not want to lose you, my child." Fran said to her.

"You're not going to lose me, mama. I'll be fine. I'm at the park. I want to go home now so; I'll talk back to you tomorrow. Love you."

"I love you too my child and please be safe. Bye."

"I will mama, bye." She hung up her phone, went into her car, and drove home.

*************

Alejandro was at the trap house with Joel and the other men. He was telling them that they'll be getting a pay increase. They were all yelling and laughing. They all dapped up each other. The business was going well on both sides so he had to take care of his hard-working family.

*********
Alejandro poured a glass of Jack Daniel's whiskey while he took off his jacket and tie. He had just gotten home from the trap. He missed his baby girl so much and she was on his mind all day. He took his iPhone out of his pants pocket and called her.

"Yes, babe?" Felicia asked him as she tied the yellow robe around her body.

"I missed you all day, mi amor. I want you to come and live with me. You'll be safer here."

He caught Felicia by surprise. She was wondering if Renee said anything to him.

"Alejandro, you can't just order me to leave my house and move in with you. I'm okay here and why this sudden decision for me to move in with you?"

"I understand that it is sudden, mi hermosa but Jenny is obsessed with me and I'm afraid she might hurt you. Her mom called me the other day and told me that she was missing. I think that she's hiding somewhere. She also said that Jenny has schizophrenia." Alejandro told her.