Chapter 11 Home Sweet Home

Six months later.

Alejandro and Felicia were on their way to spend the weekend with Ingrid at her Manhattan home. That was the same home where she had lived with Antonio and also where Alejandro and Isabel grew up. His driver, John, was taking them there.

Felicia had told Renee and Dantae that she was going to visit Alejandro's mom. She also allowed Alejandro to talk to her mom Fran when they last spoke two days ago. Fran was happy that Felicia had found someone whom she felt comfortable with.

Felicia also met Joel, Shawn, Andrae, Wayne, Jason, Dave, and Abbi when she went to the club with Alejandro a week ago. He told her that they all worked with him and that Joel was his best friend and also his business partner. Felicia thought that they worked at the firm. She told him that she thought Joel was a nice guy. She remembered Joel from the night at the club when he was talking with Renee.

They were sitting down inside the car staring at each other. Alejandro held her hands and kissed all of her ten fingers. "What are you thinking about, mi amor?" He asked her.

"I'm just feeling happy that mama likes you although she only talked with you over the phone," Felicia replied to him.

"I like her too. I can't wait to meet her. Babygirl, I do not want you to worry."

"I'm not worrying, Alejandro. I just want everything to work out for us." Felicia replied to him.

"It will work out. Please just relax and let me take care of you," He said to her.

She closed her eyes and nodded her head at him. He took her in his arms and they kissed each other.

Thirty minutes later, they arrived at the house. Alejandro came out of the car and helped Felicia to get out. He entered the code to open the front door of the house. Felicia followed behind him while Alejandro carried their bag inside.

"Mom, we're here! I smell something nice in the kitchen!" Alejandro yelled to his mother so that she could hear him.

"I'm in here, honey," Ingrid said coming out of the kitchen to greet them.

"Hi, mom. This is my girlfriend, Felicia. Felicia, meet my mom, Ingrid."

Ingrid and Felicia hugged each other while Ingrid kissed her on the forehead.

"It's nice to meet you, Felicia, dear. You're beautiful. Isabel was not exaggerating when she said that you were." Ingrid said to Felicia.

"Thank you, Ingrid. I'm so happy to finally meet you. I love the color of your hair. You're looking stunning." Felicia complimented her.

"Thank you, dear, and please feel at home because here is also your home."

"I certainly will, Ingrid. Alejandro talks about you a lot."

"I've heard a lot about you too. From both Alejandro and Isabel." Ingrid said to her.

They both looked at each other and smiled.

Alejandro went into the kitchen to assist his mom with what she was cooking. That was how his parents taught him. He knew his way around the kitchen. He just hasn't cooked in a while because he had a housekeeper.

Alejandro left his mom inside the kitchen and gave Felicia a grand tour of the house. He took her outside and showed her the swimming pool which was at the back of the house. They both played around until Felicia pushed him inside of it. Alejandro came out looking like a wet rat. He then grabbed her by her wrist while she was running and splashed inside with her in his arms.

"I'm all soaked, Alejandro," Felicia said pouting.

"You started it, baby girl. I'm sorry. Come on, let's get you dry before you catch a cold." Alejandro said as he held her hand.