CHAPTER 31 Picking up the Pieces.

Chapter 31

"Why the hell didn't you tell me that you knew Alejandro's father, Antonio Garcia, and that Alejandro killed daddy?!" Felicia yelled at her mom as she entered through the door.

"Listen to me, my daughter. You may be a twenty-seven-year-old adult but I'm still your mother and you're not too old for me to smack you across your mouth." Fran calmly told her.

She was very upset.

"I didn't know that Alejandro was Antonio's son and I had no idea that he was the one who killed Marcus. Marcus never listened and I don't feel sorry for him. He and Antonio were good friends and they had a fallout. He told me that he was going to kill Antonio, Santiago, and Rodrigo. I begged him not to get into any conflict with the Garcias and leave them alone but again, he refused to listen. The moment he killed Antonio his life was in danger. He had to go into hiding. When he told me that he was going into drugs, I told him that I was going to leave him and take you with me but he threatened to kill me so I stayed. I know that you loved your father but he was no saint. He started the war. Marcus had no right to kill Antonio and Alejandro was wrong for getting involved with you but you need to hear the truth about Marcus. It wasn't fair to the Garcias and it's not fair to you. I'm not going to stand here and pretend that it was okay for Alejandro to do what he did because he was wrong but I'm certainly not going to pretty up anything about Marcus, either." Fran stopped talking for a few seconds and took a deep sigh. "When he died, I felt sad for you but I made sure that you were never short of anything. It's a sad situation on both sides and we have to pick up the pieces and move on with what's left of our lives. My child, what is done is done and your dad is where he belongs. He was the reason why I never left New York years ago and went back to California. Excuse me, I'm stepping outside for a few minutes." Fran left Felicia sobbing and closed the door behind her.

Felicia didn't know what to say as she looked at her mom teary-eyed as Fran closed the door.

***

"Hello, my beautiful sis. I miss you so much. What's up?" Alejandro said as he sat inside his office talking to Isabel on his cell phone.

"My brother, I miss you more. I'm doing okay. How's Felicia recovering now?"

"I don't know." He replied to Isabel.

"Okay, but haven't you visited her?"

"No, she and I are over, sis."

"Why?" Isabel asked in an astonished tone. "I thought that you two were just giving each other some space."

"She's not ever going to forgive me for killing her dad and frankly, I don't care. That motherfucker deserved it for what he did to dad." He told her. "I have moved on with my life, sis. I'm tired of running behind her and kissing her ass. I was not made out for that. You see, sis, I'm not the good guy type like dad was."

"Yes, I know you, my brother. So, you're going back to your old ways. Having a bunch of women all over you until they start getting clingy and start acting all crazy."

"No." He said while putting the pen down on his desk. "I'm just focusing on business. In the past few months, I've lost a lot and I need to get back on track. I need to take mom on a cruise for her birthday."

"That would be so lovely. She'd love that. Bro, my client is here so, I'll talk to you soon. I love you, my big brother so much." Isabel was a criminal lawyer and also an accountant.

"I love you more, sis, bye."

Alejandro disconnected his phone as Joel walked inside his office.

"My man, you're not going to believe what Apple told me," Joel said to him.