Chapter 23 Watching You

It was no surprise to Alejandro that Felicia had outsmarted him and left his house. He knew that she was not just a pretty face but had a brain behind it. It was midday and he was just on his way to work. He sat in the back seat of his car and took out his phone from his shirt pocket. He called her cell phone but she didn't pick up. He thought that maybe she was at work. Max was driving him to work.

***

"I suspected that he was in the game but I never said anything to you because it was just my intuition. I mean, the way that he carried himself and all his assets. I used to date one back in college." Renee confessed to Felicia. They were having lunch together. Felicia was working late tonight so she went to have lunch with Renee.

"Ren but why didn't you say something? I had no idea that you dated a drug lord back then." Felicia said to Renee as she declined Alejandro's phone call.

"Yes, I did bestie. I never said anything to you about Alejandro because it was just my instincts. I had no proof whatsoever. So, you two are really done?"

"I am but he's acting so possessive over me. His bitches can all have him back. I can't believe that he would've held a gun on me" Felicia replied to Renee.

"I can't believe it also. Maybe it wasn't loaded or something. That crazy bitch Jenny doesn't know when to stop. The worst thing about it is he doesn't even want her. Have you heard anything from the detective?"

"She is a delusional girl. No, I haven't heard anything as yet. I hope that she leaves me alone now that Alejandro and I are through." Felicia said to her.

Renee opened her eyes wide and looked seriously at Felicia, "Is that what you want, bestie?" Renee asked her.

"Ren, to be honest with you, I don't even know what I want anymore. This minute I miss him and want to feel him deep inside me. The next minute I don't want to see his face. I can't be with him in that lifestyle that he's in." Felicia replied to Renee as she bit into her apple pie.

"I just want you to know that I'll support you regardless of the decision that you make. Just do what's best for you, bestie." Renee said to her.

"Thanks, Ren," Felicia replied to her.

"You know that I'm always here for you and you're my girl. My lunchtime is almost over so, I'll call you later when I get off."

"Okay, Renee. I know that you are. That's why I love you so much, my homegirl." Felicia replied to her. They hugged each other and left the restaurant. Renee drove to work while Felicia back to her apartment.

***

Alejandro was in a staff meeting with all the staff at the financial firm when his cell phone rang. He saw that it was Andrae calling him.

"Excuse me, I have to take this one." He said to everyone.

"Yes, Drae."

"Boss, we found that Jenny girl dead. Her body was partially decomposed. It seems that she's been dead for over a month now." Andrae said to him.

Alejandro was astonished. "Thanks, man." He said to Andrae and hung up his iPhone. He put it back inside his jacket pocket.

'So, if Jenny's been dead for over a month that means it wasn't her.' He thought to himself. He tried to think who could've sent that doll and note to Felicia. He suspected that it was one of the other hoes that he used to sleep with but which one? There were so many of them. Before Felicia came along, he never had a steady woman. All he knew was that he had to get to the bottom of it before that woman harms his baby girl.

***

Felicia heard a message coming in on her phone. She took up the phone off the sofa and opened it. The text message was from Alejandro.