Chapter 40 Of Course, I Do

Today was Felicia and Alejandro's wedding day. Baby Ava was six months old today. She looked so much like Alejandro and Isabel. The ceremony was going to take place in Honolulu, Hawaii. They were all staying at a hotel courtesy of Alejandro's uncle Rodrigo. He said that was his wedding present to his nephew. Both of his uncles, Santiago and Rodrigo were there. Santiago's wife, Emilia, and his daughter, Sofia, were there. Rodrigo's wife, Elena, was in attendance. His aunt Brook who was Ingrid's younger sister and Lacey Brook's daughter were also present. Marcia, Judy, Lorraine, and Jake from the office were there. His tattoo artist, Scott, was also present.

Alejandro's maternal grandparents Stephanie and Victor Richmond were also in attendance. They reached out to him when Ingrid told them that he had a beautiful little daughter. They told him that they wanted to make amends because they wanted to be a part of baby Ava's life. He was hesitant at first because he was always upset with them. After all, they never accepted his father, Antonio, into their family because of his race. Alejandro never looked down on anyone or judged them because of the color of their skin, so that made him angry when his father told him the whole story. Felicia told him to give them a chance and he listened to her and forgave them. So, they were all on good terms with each other. He, Felicia, and baby Ava had flown to Miami before the wedding to spend a weekend with them. They adored Felicia and baby Ava very much.

The bridal party consisted of Fran who was Felicia's maid of honor. Rodrigo was Alejandro's best man. Joel, Shawn, and Dantae were the groomsmen. Renee, Isabel, and Lacey were the bridesmaids.

He stood before the mirror getting dressed. Both of his uncles were in his hotel room with him. He wished that his father was there but he was thankful that his uncles were there to support him. He looked at himself in the mirror as he put the Rolex around his wrist. He had a tattoo of baby Ava's name written on his right hand.

His uncle Rodrigo hugged him across his shoulders and said, "All the best mi sobrino. We love you."

"Gracias, tío. Love you too." He replied to him.

"Felicidades mi sobrino. Antonio nos está cuidando." Santiago said to him in his deep Spanish accent. They hugged each other.

"Sí. Gracias, tío." He told his uncle, Santiago.

It was a bitter-sweet moment for Alejandro because he was happy to be getting married to the love of his life but he wished that his father was here to witness it.

Santiago and Rodrigo left the room together.

Deep down he had forgiven Marcus Jones for killing his father the same day that baby Ava was born. If he had met Felicia before and had gotten a child with her before he killed her father, he knew that he would've never killed him. Felicia and baby Ava were his world and he'd do anything for them.

Joel came inside Alejandro's room with a blunt in his hand.

"Congratulations, bro. You're the man, my brother." Joel said to him.

"Thanks, man." He replied to Joel as they dapped up each other.

"Are you ready for this, man?" Joel asked him as he took a puff from the strong blunt.

"Yes, I am, Joel. I want to marry Felicia more than anything else."

Joel nodded his head at him.

Ingrid came inside the room holding baby Ava. Baby Ava was wearing her yellow floral dress and her yellow headband around her head along with her white baby shoes. Ingrid was wearing a teal green off-the-shoulder dress along with her silver heels.

"Joel, Shawn is looking for you. He's in his hotel room getting ready. He said that you left your phone inside there and it was ringing." Ingrid said to him.