Chapter 37 Pregnancy Symptoms

Felicia felt nauseous as she lay in bed. She could feel the vomit coming up inside of her mouth. She rushed inside the bathroom and hung her head over the toilet bowl to empty the content of her stomach. She was feeling so weak and she had no appetite for anything except water. It was early Saturday morning and Alejandro was not working today. He was coming from the gym downstairs when he heard Felicia vomiting.

"Baby girl, are you okay?" He asked her as he opened the bathroom door. He saw her down on her knees with her head hanging over the toilet bowl. He quickly held back her hair and rubbed his hand on her back. 

When she was through, she washed her hands and rinsed her mouth with warm water and the Listerine mouthwash. 

He continued to rub her back. 

"How are you feeling, baby girl?" 

"I feel like shit," She replied to him as she climbed back into bed. 

"Do you want me to get you anything, mi amor?" 

"I only want a glass of water, honey." 

He poured the glass of water and gave it to her. 

"Thanks, Alejandro." Felicia took the glass of water and drank it. He took the glass from her and put it down on the nightstand. She lay on her stomach and put one of the pillows over her head. 

"Baby girl, are you sure that you don't want anything to eat?" He sat on the bed and massaged her shoulders. 

Before Felicia could answer no she felt as if she was going to vomit again. She quickly got off the bed and went inside the bathroom. Alejandro went and stood beside her. He held her hair back again as she vomited. She emptied her stomach for the second time. The glass of water that she had just drunk came back up. 

"Baby girl, I think that you're pregnant." 

She smiled at him and touched her stomach. 

"You're right, babe. Let me do the pregnancy test." 

She did the test and they both sat in the bathroom and waited for the results. When the three minutes were over, she checked the First Response pee stick and saw that it was positive. 

"It's positive, Alejandro! I'm going to be a mother and you're going to be a father!" Felicia yelled in excitement and hugged Alejandro around his neck. 

"Congratulations to us, baby girl. We deserve this." He said to her as he lifted her and put her to sit on the counter. They hugged each other. He gave her a gentle kiss on her lips. 

"I'm so happy, Alejandro. I'm wondering if it will be the little girl that you wanted so much or a little boy with black hair and dark brown eyes." 

"It doesn't matter to me whether it's a boy or girl. We'll love him or her unconditionally." 

She was about to reply to him when she felt nauseous again. She jumped off the countertop and quickly hung her head over the toilet bowl. This is the worst part of being pregnant. She thought. He strode behind her. 

** 
Renee sat at the island in her kitchen staring at Dantae as he prepared breakfast for her. She still couldn't believe that she was this close to sleeping with Joel. He had given her his address and invited her over for drinks but she had turned him down. She had no idea why she even went over there so late in the evening after she had decided that she wouldn't. She didn't want to cheat on Dantae even though he did. She didn't know what came over her. She felt so guilty and she had to stay as far away from Joel as possible. She refused to ruin her relationship with Dantae for a one-night stand with Joel.