Chapter 24 We meet again, Gorgeous

Felicia was rushing through the door to go to work when her cell phone rang. She didn't know the phone number that was calling her. 

"Hello." She mumbled. 

"Hello, Ms. Jones, this is detective Welsh. I'm just calling to inform you that the description and information of the person that you gave me match Jennifer Davis. Her body was found dead. She was murdered."

"Oh, my god! Do you know who could've done it?" Felicia asked him.

She was in shock. 

"Ma'am, I can't say at this time because the investigation is still ongoing." He informed her. "Thank you for your time, Miss Jones. Have a good day."

"You're welcome and same to you, bye," Felicia told him before she hung up and went inside her car. 

She was wondering who the hell could've killed Jenny. She thought that it must've been Alejandro. She buckled her seat belt and drove out of the driveway. 

***

Felicia sat in the lunchroom at work. She was thinking about Alejandro. She hadn't seen him since the last time that she came home to find him in her apartment three weeks ago. He called her a few times but she rejected his calls. She didn't block his phone number from calling her phone because she couldn't bring herself to do it. Her cell phone rang. It was her mom calling her. 

"Hi, mama. I missed your call earlier. I was working. I'm now on my lunch break. Are you okay?"

"Hey, my beautiful daughter. I'm okay. I'm just worried about you. How are you?"

"I'm fine, mama." She replied to her mother. 

"Okay. I spoke with Alejandro this morning. He said that he was sorry for pulling the gun on you and he was keeping you at his home to protect you. He wants to make things right with you, Felicia." Fran said to her. 

"Mama, he's always sorry. I can't be with him in that dangerous lifestyle life that he's living." Felicia replied in a low voice. She didn't want any of her nosy co-workers to hear what she was saying to her mother. 

"I know, Felicia" Fran replied to her. "You have to do what's best for you. I just want to see you happy. Did you hear anything from the cops?" 

"Yes, mama," Felicia replied to her. "The detective called me this morning. He said that Jenny's body was found dead. She was murdered." 

"Oh, my. Please be safe, Felicia. I'm so sorry that I'm still on this cruise and I can't come to New York now." Her mother said to her. 

"I'll be fine, mama. Enough about all that drama. How's your cruise?" 

"It's marvelous, my child. One of these fine days you and I should take one together again."

"Sure. I'd love that so much. Mama, my lunch break is over so I'll speak back to you soon. I love you and be safe."

"I love you too, baby. Do not hesitate to call me if anything is wrong."

"I will, mama."

Felicia hung up and placed her cell phone inside the pocket of her scrub. She went to use the restroom and add some lip gloss to her lips.

***

Renee was cooking over at Felicia's house. Felicia just got home and went to take a shower. 

"Ren, it seems your boss has moved on with his life," Felicia said. 

"I doubt that he has. He's still crazy over you. Has stopped calling and texting you?" Renee asked Felicia. 

"Yep," Felicia replied to Renee. "The last time that he called was one week ago. Then he had the nerve to tell me to stop taking my birth control because he wants to get me pregnant. That was the same night that I saw him sitting in my living room in the dark. I think that Alejandro is crazy."