krispy kreme

You know what's always been a pain? Art. I never have the right supplies so here I am, walking to the store with my roommate named Adelia. I could take a few lessons from her, she's always prepared. The only reason she came with me is so I don't forget anything, and she wanted donuts.

Another thing that's a pain? Wet hair and cold, windy weather. Seriously I'm gonna get sick. Again, this wouldn't be happening if I was organised and didn't decide to leave my art project until the night before the due date.

We walk over to the isles with art and craft supplies, and before I even get the chance to choose anything, Adelia's thrown everything I need into the basket resting on the place where my lower and upper arm meets.

"Number 2 pencils, mahl stick, graphite pencils, and finally...a fucking eraser." she sighs and then looks at me with hopeful eyes. "Can we get donuts now?"

I laugh and nod. "There's a Krispy Kreme down the road if you'd prefer those."

"Yes! Let's go." she tugs on my arm and pulls me over to the checkout line.

Whilst Adelia is talking my ear off about what donuts she wants to get and how her boyfriend, Atsumu, is throwing a party on Friday. I've already told her I'm not going so I kind of zone out and focus on the conversation going on behind me. I'm nosy okay?

It sounds like a guy on the phone, probably planning to meet up with some friends, but he sounds frustrated.

"God Kita you're so drunk, tell him this exact phrase: Osamu said he's gonna be late. He's only at the store picking up filters and a grinder for his filthy pothead best friend who's already outside Krispy Kreme because he got the munchies. He's stoned. You'll see him when you get there."

That's all I heard before the cashier said "next please." and I was ushered forward by my roommate to pay.
Osamu, Kita, those are the volleyball boys.

-

I have so much work to do. There's an art history essay due at 11:59pm and I haven't even started it. Its 7:32 now, so I have around 3 hours to get that done, and this art project. No sleep for me I guess.

"Why is it closed?!" Adelia cries, pointing towards the Krispy Kreme which has the shutters down.

"I don't know. Lets go check the opening times, they could be on a break." I reply monotonously. We pace down the street, Adelia way infront of me, towards the store.

The sign on the front reads:

monday: 9am-8pm

tuesday: 9am-8pm

wednesday: 9am-7pm

thursday: 9am-8pm

friday: 9am-5pm

saturday: 9am-6pm

sunday: 9am-4pm

And just our luck, its Wednesday. Adelia and I groan in unison and hunger. Then I hear the shrill ringtone of Adelia's phone and she faffs around to answer the call. "Hey baby, how are..." I zone out because I don't fancy listening to her have phone sex with Atsumu. She walks over to a nearby bench and sits down, whereas I stay stood at the Krispy Kreme, leaning against a wall with my hands in my jacket pockets.

The place where we live isn't posh in the slightest. I wouldn't say it's tacky or grimy, but it's far from the crown jewels. The pavements are cracked in some places with the occasional piece of dried chewing gum plastered onto it, and the lampposts are dim and basic. Nonetheless, I do like it here. It's very different from my childhood home. My parents are both extremely successful and make enough money for us to live more than comfortably. They actually wanted me to live at home whilst I study, but I decided to move away in an attempt to become more independent, because if you can't already tell, I'm not very work-oriented.

Around 10 minutes have passed, and Adelia is still chatting away on the phone. I sigh and look over to my shoulder at the river behind the precinct of shops. Greenish water, appealing. I can't imagine any aquatic wildlife surviving there. That shit looks radioactive. I lean over further, turning my body to face the river, then my phone slips out my pocket and falls to the ground.

"Shit." I murmur and bend over to pick up my phone. I examine the screen, and to my relief, its not cracked. Although I get a hefty allowance from my parents, I can't afford a screen repair right now.

"You know people can see your ass when you bend over?" a deep voice says from behind me.

My body tenses up and I turn around to face the perpetrator. It's a boy, he must be around 6'1, average build from what I can see, he's wearing a black hoodie and black, baggy ripped jeans and he is extremely hot. He has dark brown hair, styled in middle-parted bangs with few strands sticking out messily, but in a cute way. His grayish-yellow eyes have dilated pupils and a faint tint of red on the sclera.

"Well this is a short skirt, it's not surprising." I snap back hastily. When I meet someone new I always put up a defensive façade, just to be wary.

"Its a nice skirt. What's your name pretty girl?"

Pretty girl? Who is this guy?

"its (y/n)."

"I like that. I'm-"

Someone suddenly pulls the boy behind them. I recognise this person to be Osamu, the other Miya twin. "I'm sorry about him. He doesn't even talk usually, he's high as fuck. Nearly greened out earlier." he glances at the metal shutters. "We'll get going."

Before I can say anything, he's pulled the boy around the corner, and Adelia is back at my side.

"Why were you talking to Suna?" she asks.

"Suna?"

"Yeah, the one in the black hoodie."

"Oh. I bent over to pick up my phone and he saw my ass." I look down at my skirt, flowing in the breeze.

"That pervert. I swear, one day I'm gonna punch him."

"No no he wasn't pervy about it!" I came to Suna's defence, I don't know why. "He said I was pretty too. He's hot."

Adelia grabs my shoulders and shakes me vigorously. "Listen. I'll support you no matter what, but if you get closer with Suna, be careful."

"Why?"

"Don't get me wrong, he's not a bad guy. There's just...rumours. Not that I think it'll matter. Just a word of warning."

"Oh..." my voice trails off as I think about his blank expression.

"Although I agree. He's hot."

"Adelia! You have a boyfriend!"

"Sorry, I won't step into your territory."

"He's not my-"

She pushes a finger to my lips and then laughs, grabbing my arm and pulling us in the direction of the dorms.

She's going to endlessly tease me about this.

-

1:48am:

I just finished my art project. It took a while, but it was worth it. Adelia's passed out on the arm chair near my desk, she tried to stay awake so 'I wasn't lonely', bless her. After putting the project into my folder and slipping it into my bag, I lift Adelia from the chair and carry her to her bed, tucking her in and then turning off the light.

After, I turn on the shower and strip to my underwear. I tie my (hair colour) hair up and begin brushing my teeth whilst I wait for the water to warm up.

I chose a (favourite scent) body wash and a matching lotion, I use an exfoliant and baby oil to make my skin glow. By the time I've finished in the shower, the room is steamy and the mirror has beads of condensed water racing down it. I open the small window above the mirror and wrap myself in a towel, brush my hair, then head to my room.

An oversized tshirt, no bra, and jersey shorts, has to be the comfiest outfit ever. I slip into my cold bed and set a 6am alarm on my phone.

(please vote :) )