i feel better

The next day, he didn't feel better. He told me he never gets sick which I find hard to believe since he got sick from the cold and its always cold here. I just hope his sickness goes away before New Years Eve. I also hope that I don't catch it whilst looking after him.

"Come on Rin, you've gotta drink water.", I encourage whilst sitting on the edge of his bed with a glass in one hand and my other stroking his forearm.

"Nooo.", he groans back.

"You're making this difficult.", I put the glass on his bedside table, "Drink it by the time I get back or I'll take away all the jelly sticks."

I begin to walk away but feel a pillow collide with my back just as I reach the door. Turning around, I see Suna facing away from me with his entire body under the covers.

"You're not slick bitch." I say and pull the covers off him quickly then try to run away whilst laughing. His reactions are fast though and he grabs my wrist so he can pull me onto the bed next to him. In the process of this, my leg whips over the bedside table and kicks his glass onto the floor. "Shit-"

"Do I still have to drink that?"

"Do you wanna be the one to dry it?", I stick my tongue out at him, and when he shakes his head I finish, "That's what I thought."

I grab a towel from the bathroom and go back to the bedroom, then I get on my knees and begin using the towel to soak up the surface water so the carpet will dry quicker. Suna turns over in bed so he can watch me as I do this.

"You look pretty on your knees."

"Oh? I do?", I look up at him for a moment with a raised eyebrow.

"Mhmm yeah, you do."

"Tough talk for someone who can't even get out of bed."

"Tough talk for someone who can't walk after a round in bed."

"Tough talk for someone who's a bottom."

"Alright you win, now come here."

I quickly get rid of the towel and go over to him, sitting on the side of the bed next to him.

"No I mean come here.", he puts his arms out.

"You know," I begin with an eye roll as I climb into his embrace, "you're supposed to be sick and I'm supposed to be looking after you.", my head is on his chest now.

"This is looking after me.", he mumbles and holds my shoulder weakly.

"Not really. Are you hungry yet?"

He shakes his head and I sit up, frowning.

"You've hardly eaten all day."

"Shhh." he hushes me and pushes my head back down to meet his chest once again.

-

We must've fallen asleep not long after that, because when I woke up there was an arm loosely wrapped around my waist and my sleeping boyfriend beneath me. I also felt kinda strange. Glancing over to the clock on his wall, I see that its 6:10pm. Then I look over to the window and stare at the dark sky for a few seconds before getting up and leaving the bed.

I slip on my shoes as quietly as I can, so I don't wake up Rintarou, and then leave the house. Since I neglected to grab a jacket before I closed the door, the winter weather makes me shiver a little as I sit on the front porch and look up at the night sky whilst the wind blows, creating a whistling sound on the empty street.

I flick the spark wheel of my lighter repeatedly as I try not to get wrapped up in my thoughts. They aren't bad thoughts, I'm almost just piecing things together.