backseat

Suna gets out his seat, instructing me to stay out whilst he 'gets something'. Then I hear his car boot open so I jump at the opportunity to ask "Why are we in an abandoned car park?", but he doesn't reply for a second. "Hello? Suna?" I turn around to see that the boot is open, but his silhouette isn't there.

Then the sound of the door beside me opening causes me to jump, earning a laugh from Suna. "Did I scare you?"

"Yes you fucking scared me! You won't even tell me why we're here."

"Get out, I wanna show you something."

Hesitantly, I step out the car and follow him to the back. He leans in and presses a switch somewhere, causing fairy lights inside the car to turn on and revealing this:

 He leans in and presses a switch somewhere, causing fairy lights inside the car to turn on and revealing this:

"I don't know how much this will help, but I figured it would be nice. I know you're stressed about exams and I got this idea when we were at the café earlier." he shrugs and then stares at me, awaiting my reaction.

Oh my God.

I jump into his arms and kiss him over and over again, thanking him and telling him how much I love it. He stumbles back slightly and ruffles my hair. "Come on lets get in, it's cold out here."

We climb in, close the boot, and snuggle up together, me laying my head down on his lap whilst he strokes my hair. He pulls a thick blanket over us, a blanket which smelt like him. This feels like heaven on earth. After we get comfy, Suna opens his laptop and says "What movie do you wanna watch?"

"Something scary." I respond.

"Are you sure you can handle it? You thought I was gonna kidnap you when I brought you here." he laughs.

"Shut up!"

"Shush. Have you watched Nightmare On Elm Street?" he points to the movie icon.

"No..."

"Then that's what we're watching. I wanna scare you."

"Why? So you can look after me?"

"Something like that." he shakes his head and presses play on the movie.

It begins to rain again. But it's not depressing like it usually is, it actually made the whole thing quite relaxing. The light pitter patter of the raindrops hitting his car roof and windows was the perfect background noise. And occasionally, my eyes would stray from the laptop screen  and focus on the trickling water on the windows, watching the different streams race to the bottom.

-

"You look like Freddy Kruger."

"Is that why you've been holding my titty since the movie started?"

He flicks the back of my head. I feel his phone begin to vibrate in his pocket, so I sit up to allow him to see who's calling him. When he looks at the phone, he simply rolls his eyes and declines the call, putting it on silent. Then he pushes my head back down, soon leaning down to kiss me.

"(y/n)."

"Mhm?"

"You know that thing I wanted to talk to you about..."

Oh fuck. It can't be bad, surely not. He just kissed me. How could it possibly be bad?

"yeah?"

"It's not a huge deal or anything- well it kinda is."

"Go on..."

"I don't know to say it."

"This feels like edging. Nobody's here to judge you."

"True...ok. I really like you. Not like, a friendship, something more..." I turn over to look at him and stick my tongue out. "...and I'd love it if you'd be my girlfriend."

I can't help but smile at his request. Finally. And to think I was worrying about this. "I feel the same way, of course I'll be your girlfriend." I grab his chin and pull him into a kiss, feeling him smirk as we lock lips.

We pull away just as the ending credits start rolling. How cliche.

"What are we gonna do now?" I ask whilst checking the time. It's 10:30pm.

"I don't know, you want McDonald's?"

"We just ate pizza."

"Just for a McFlurry then."

"You're gonna get me fat." I laugh whilst climbing back into the passenger seat, Suna following me.

He turns off the lights then begins driving. I lean my head on the window and watch the houses and other cars pass by quickly, and I stay in this position until we reach the McDonald's. We go in the drive-thru, deciding that it was the best option. Suna orders two (favourite McFlurry), then pulls into the next window. It doesn't take long for them to do our order, surprising since every time I ask for ice cream the machine is always broken. And soon, we're sat eating the ice cream whilst 'Collide' by Justine Skye plays.

"I didn't think you'd like this song."

"Neither, Sakusa played it when he last came round and I got hooked."

"Sakusa needs to put me on whatever he uses for his hair."

"Agreed, it's always so perfect."

"Thank you by the way."

"Hm? Oh don't worry about it. You deserved a break." he leans his head on my shoulder.

-

I close the door behind me and sigh in happiness. Adelia sprints towards me from the kitchen with worried eyes and practically shouts "How was it! What did he need to ask you?!"

"Let me explain from the start."