blank space

Before I knew it, it was New Year's Eve.

Suna is better now, after a few days of my nursing and lots of rest, even though he doesn't want to admit it, I know he enjoyed his time off.

According to Suna, the team have always celebrated New Years together, and nothing is different this year. So we're both about to start getting ready. We're only gonna wear casual clothing, there's no point in dressing up.

I'm trying to choose something to wear from the now rather big collection of clothes I've accumulated in Rintarou's bedroom, when he walks into the room with his hands behind his back and a devious smirk on his lips.

"What are you doing?", I question looking at his reflection in the mirror whilst sitting on the floor and sifting through the pile of clothes.

"Oh nothing, just here to see my beautiful girlfriend.", he shrugs but stays stationary.

"Okay...are you just gonna stand there?"

"Yeah, is that so criminal?"

"Well no...", I peer over my shoulder to meet his eyes. "But why?"

That's when Rintarou pulls a water gun from behind his back and aims it in my direction. "No reason."

"Rin don't you dare-", I threaten and back away from him as he approaches me slowly. "-stop!"

He sprays me with the water gun until it's empty, both of us laughing the entire time as I try to evade the attack and he targets me.

Once it's run out, I drop my shoulders, my face dripping wet and clothes damp.

"You're an asshole.", I mutter with a reluctant smile.

"Aw c'mon pretty girl, don't be like that.", he coos in reply and picks me up from my armpits. "Let's get ready."

Suna carries me into the bathroom and places me on the counter. Then he rummages underneath and soon produces a tray with lots of different shower gels.

"Which one?", he asks whilst pushing certain bottles aside.

"Hmm...this one.", I hold up a (scent) shower gel and he nods. "Why do you have so many? There's like 20 here."

"Uh, no idea. I like them so I just keep buying them I guess.", he pulls off his t-shirt and then takes off my hoodie. "We need to shower."

"Yeah yeah.", I begin taking off my clothes until I'm just in my underwear and sitting on the counter again.

Soon, we get into the shower together and the water falls over us as we wash. There's a moment where I look up at Rintarou and see him focused on what he's doing, with the water making his hair droop to his earlobes, and his lips gently pursed together.

I would compliment him, I could compliment him, but I don't. Instead, I wrap my arms around his neck which grabs his attention, then I push my lips to his as his arms pull my waist in.

Once we finish showering, Rintarou disappears into another room for around 20 minutes, and when he returns, he's fully dressed and holding his coat between his arms. I on the other hand, have done nothing but put underwear on and then lazed around on my phone.

"Listen princess, I hate to alarm you, but we're meant to leave in 40 minutes and you're still in a robe." , Suna comes to sit next to me on the bed and flicks my cheek, but then kisses it after.

I sigh jokingly and reply, "I know, I'll start getting ready in like 5 minutes."

"Okay...but will you have enough time?", he awkwardly asks whilst looking at me confused.