reluctant

So I'm sitting in my final lecture of the day, thinking about stuff. Then that party I'm supposed to go to later comes to mind. I don't feel like going, but Adelia will go insane if I don't.

Once the lecture is over, I hastily rush home and go straight towards the bathroom, not bothering to knock and accidentally walking in on a horrific sight.

Adelia and Atsumu making out, her sat on the counter and him with a leg between her thighs.

I quickly shut the door, without saying a word, and go to my room. Oh my lord, I never want to leave this room again. I didn't even expect her to be in, she should still be at school.

A knock on my door grabs my attention, and I slowly rise from my bed and unlock the door. The blushing Adelia is stood there, and awkwardly says "sorry you saw that, I didn't think you were gonna be in. He's leaving soon, and we're done in the bathroom so you can do whatever."

"Don't worry, happens to the best of us. Now I'm gonna shower."

-

After a nice and long shower, I dry my hair and apply lotion to my body. I also paint my fingernails with a (favourite colour) polish. Then I put on a set of matching underwear for the first time in what felt like forever, it's a red and lacy set. Finally, I put on my black robe and slippers, then head downstairs to eat something. I feel like I haven't eaten all week.

When I get down to the kitchen, Adelia is sat on the counter. Flashbacks. She's scrolling through her phone with a ice pole in her right hand, and she's still wearing her grey sweats and a plain bra.

"Aren't you getting ready yet?" I ask. She usually takes a long time to get ready.

"What do you mea- holy shit I have to go shower or we'll be late." she frantically jumps off the counter and throws the ice pole in the direction of the sink, it misses the sink completely however, and lands on the window ledge.

"You know we have four hours until the party starts."

"Yeah but in that time I have to shower, do my hair, perfect my makeup, make sure my outfit is fine, have a pre-drink, and pack my bag."

"Pack your bag?"

"Oh I didn't tell you...I might be staying with Atsumu... I'm sorry I forgot to tell you! I won't stay if it'll make you mad, it's completely understandable if you are mad because I-"

"It's fine Adelia. I'll leave a little early." It seems like I've been cutting her off a lot recently.

"Are you sure? I can get one of the boys to take you home."

"I'd rather not be in a car accident. They'll all be drunk, I can just walk it's not far."

"No no I'll make sure you get a lift home."

"If you say so. You're running out of getting ready time by standing here."

She looks at her watch and then bolts up the stairs.

So walking home, alone, at around midnight in this dodgy area. Shit.

After I eat a couple slices of pizza, I head to my bedroom and style my hair. I just decided to have (hair style) , nothing too fancy. I apply some mascara and faint eyeliner, then some lipgloss. Then I throw a few essentials into my bag. A Charger, keys, tampons just incase, gum, and some pain killers because I just know this party is about to give me a headache. Finally, I change into my outfit.

I open my blinds to look at how the weather is. Unfortunately, its raining. I usually like the rain, but not after I've just washed and dried my hair and then have to go out in it. I unlatch the window and stick an arm out, feeling the cold air invite goosebumps to raise on my skin. I'll definitely need a coat.

My recent art piece sits on the canvas in the corner of my room. It's nearly finished.

But there's a blank space in the top left corner, I have no clue what to put there.

I picked up a pencil, and went over to try and fill the gap, but the lead wouldn't meet the page. Or should I say, I have no inspiration and am not willing to mess up my work with some half hearted effort.

I'm honestly rather reluctant to go to this party, even more than I was earlier. I don't know if its nerves or just me being extremely introverted, but the idea of loud people, the smell of vodka and weed and probably vomit, and my drunk best friend glued to my hip the whole night whilst dragging her asshole boyfriend behind her, is far from appealing. But there are some positives, I'll probably get to hit a couple joints, and when I get home I'll have the house all to myself. Also, I'll see Tobio and my family the next day when I go home for the weekend.

After around 2 hours, Adelia comes bounding down the stairs in her outfit which 100% consists of my clothes, even down to the shoes she's wearing. She looks really nice, and I see she has a rose quartz necklace on. When she spots me looking she quickly shoves the crystal down her shirt and winks at me. I smirk in response.

"PRE DRINK TIME BITCH!" she says and goes to the bottle of champagne on the side. She fills a champagne flute and nearly downs the entire thing in one go.
——