going home

At least I'll get some peace and quiet on this train.

"Yo (y/n)!"

Never mind.

I quickly walk onto the train, heading to a seat as far away from the person calling me as possible. I throw down my duffel bag and turn my airpods up to full volume.

1 new notification

"Hey, would you like anything from the trolley?" an attendant asks me

"Hey, would you like anything from the trolley?" an attendant asks me. She's slender with long, brown, and curly hair. She has a mole just to the left of her upper lip. Wow.

"I'm ok thank you." I smile.

She nods and walks past, pushing the trolley ahead of her and stopping a few seats down to ask another passenger. I lean my head on the window, some music video type shit. Then I feel my eyes slowly begin to close as the train speeds along the tracks.

'The next stop is...'

I shudder awake when I hear my stop being called out. I quickly grab my suitcase and head towards the closest door. It opens slowly and I'm faced with a grumpy looking Kageyama, sitting at the stop with a small ginger boy who's nearly bouncing off the walls in excitement. "Is that her?!" he shrieks and shakes Kageyama's shoulders vigourously.

Kageyama looks at me then smiles, running over and pulling me into a hug. The other boy follows behind and stands there looking at me in awe, then he turns to Kageyama and says "You always push me away when I try to hug you!"

"Shut up, this girl is basically my sister. (y/n), this is Hinata."

"Hey Hinata." I smile. He waves back before the colour drains from his face as he looks at something in the distance. Hinata takes off running, his backpack bouncing up and down on his shoulders as he yells "I'm gonna miss my train! I'll see you guys later!"

Kageyama sighs and says "Shall we go then? Your mum will be expecting us very soon."

"Okay...so...Hinata." I drag out as we begin walking.

"Is annoying? yeah I know."

"No...he's adorable."

"Hey back off."

"Oh so its like thatttt." I tease.

"So what if it is. Anyway, are you still a holy virgin?"

"Yes of course I-" I got so used to answering the question that it became my second nature to obliviously reply with yes, as if it were as plain as textbook. "-no. No I'm not."

"No. Way." he stops dead in his tracks and looked at me.

"Yeah...you might know the guy..."

"Did you fuck Oikawa? I swear to God (y/n) if you've even been near that bastard then I'll-"

"Who's Oikawa?"

He relaxes his tense shoulders and continues to walk again. "So who's the lucky guy? Someone on the Inarizaki team?"

"Do you know Suna?"

"Suna Rinatarou? Oh my God (y/n)."

"What?"

"Well... one time I was with Hinata, and he was speaking to this guy called Kenma about how Suna ghosted a girl from Nekoma and she got really upset and obsessive, apparently that's happened to quite a few girls."

"So what you're saying is: he's a slut and has a crazy stalker ex?"

"Pretty much. I mean he's an alright guy, but he's...dangerous? Just be careful."

Dangerous? He seemed anything but dangerous when he was calling me baby and sitting me on his lap whilst he played videogames. But I'll keep that in mind Tobio...

I nod. We reach my parents' house and Kageyama knocks on the door. Within seconds, my Mum comes bustling to the door and swings it open. "(y/n)! Tobio!" she cries and pulls us both into a hug which was extremely uncomfortable.

"Hey Mum." I say and walk past her, leaving Kageyama to receive all her motherly kisses. "Dinner will be ready in 20 minutes!" she says joyfully as I walk up the stairs to my old room.

Man I did not miss this bed. I stare at the blue and white floral sheets for a couple seconds, before dropping my bag and flopping onto the mattress. It's very different from my bed at mine and Adelia's place. That bed is a queensized heaven. I feel the other side of the bed dip down slightly, and look up to see Tobio sat there with faint patches of my Mum's cheap red lipstick on his face.

"She got you good huh?" I ask as I roll over and wipe some of the lipstick off his cheek.

"She always does." he laughs and lays down next to me. "Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"How did you meet Suna? Like- how did you guys get so close?"

Then it hit me that Suna and I weren't that close at all. Infact, we'd had very minimal interaction before the time at the park and then the party. However, I couldn't tell Kageyama this.

"We have classes together. My roommate has a boyfriend on the volleyball team so it was inevitable that I'd end up spending some of my time with them."

That's not a lie, just a half truth. I wish I just stayed home.