hidden emotions

I'm glad to be home. Today is Adelia's birthday, but she spent last night with Atsumu since I wasn't home. I know she'll be sleeping late into the afternoon, and will return at around 4pm. So this gives me plenty of time to head to the store, buy her a birthday cake and decorations for the house. I already bought her a couple presents.

Of course, it's raining. The street has changed to a darker grey due to the rain, and it was so dark out that the streetlights were on, despite it being 11am. Depressing to say the least. Sometimes I regret choosing a house so far away from the bus stop, but at least we don't have to hear the racket of cars speeding down the main road all day and night. The shelter is finally in sight.

Now this is my kind of peace, nobody on the streets, nobody running their mouth, nobody here at all. Even the rain is kind of relaxing, its definitely refreshing anyway.

I reach the bus stop, well more like I run to the bus stop as I see the bus pull up to it. Luckily, the driver sees me and waits for me to get there. I board and thank the driver for his kindness, then take a seat at the very back of the bus. The wheels begin rolling and I put in my airpods, the usual routine for my journeys.

My stop is in 5 minutes, but unfortunately the bus stops at this shelter, and somebody boards the bus. Please lord, let it be someone I don't know.

The bus has been stopped for a while, so I peer around the corner of the seat infront of me to see what the hold up was, and my heart stopped. The reason we were so stationary, was because the entire volleyball team was getting on this bus, apart from Atsumu and Suna, they weren't there.

Wow. Of course it had to be them. Suna's not even here to sit next to me and tell me to ignore his friends' lewd jokes.

"(y/n)!" Osamu walks over and sits in the seat next to me. The other boys take the surrounding seats.

"Hey..."

"Where are you off to?"

"I'm going to get Adelia a birthday cake."

"Oh, the loud one." Aran butts in.

"The what?"

"Never mind. She's at our place now with Atsumu."

"I know."

"Bro you think she didn't already know that?" Osamu asks him.

I get up and walk past them all, saying a quiet goodbye and reaching the front of the bus just as it stops. Although this wasn't my stop, or close to it, I decided to get off because they were annoying.

This stop drops you off right outside a street filled with little cafes and souvenir shops. Its honestly one of my favourite places to be, beside my bedroom. I walk down the street, observing all the little quirks and uniqueness each shop had, until something caught my eye in the window of a cafe. Infact, it did more than just catch my eye, it made me briefly stop in my tracks.

I can see Suna sitting there, with a girl. She looks familiar, then after a few seconds of looking at her, my mind pieces the puzzle together. It's the train attendant, the one with the mole above her lip. I quickly walk away so they don't see me.

Maybe Adelia was right, I should've been more careful.

We aren't an item but this shit still hurts.

-

The time spent shopping for decorations and a cake was short. As was the bus journey home. My mind was clouded the entire time, and still is whilst I pin up pink bunting around the living room. It was just yesterday when he was telling me that he missed me, how did he move on so quickly? Or maybe the question I should be asking is: why? I didn't give him any reason to want to move on.

Knock knock.

That'll be Adelia. I can't ruin her birthday with my shitty mood, so I've just gotta hide these emotions for now.

I swing open the door and say "Happy birthday!" to which she leaps onto me for a hug and drops the huge gift bag in her hand. "I missed you!" she yells whilst jumping out my arms and closing the door behind her. Then she runs into the living room like a child and then yells again in delight. "(y/n) I love you so much!"

I pick the bag up off the ground, it was surprisingly heavy. The gift tag reads 'to my princess, I love you- Atsumu x'

okay I have to admit, that is cute.

"What did Atsumu get you?" I ask as I walk into the room to see Adelia open her gifts.

"Clothes mainly, he got me some of those VS pyjamas, you know the cute pinstripe ones? oh and he got me perfume too. Then there's a photobook of us in there too."

"As he should." I joke and sit down. I give her a birthday card which I wrote some sappy, friendship goals kind stuff. You get the idea.

She nearly tears up reading it and tells me that Atsumu's card was nothing in comparison to mine. Then she opens my gifts to her: I got her a tennis bracelet which she had been wanting but couldn't afford, a gift card for Fashion Nova which is her favourite store, and I got her a pair of heels she's also been wanting for a while.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty broke until I get money from my parents next week. Maybe I need a job. Becoming a stripper doesn't sound too bad right now.

Suna has remained in the back of my mind all night. Why do I care so much? We aren't even a thing. He clearly doesn't give a fuck, so why do I?

-

"Hey (y/n)...can I come in?" Adelia whispers.

It's 2am, and I'm up working on my art project. Since I visited my family over the weekend and then it was Adelia's birthday, I'm slightly behind with my progress.

"Sure."

She takes a seat on the beanbag next to my canvas. "You seemed a little off earlier, is everything ok?"

"Yeah, I'm just tired after the visit and setting up the decorations."

"Are you sure...have you spoken to Suna recently?"

I don't reply, just read for a paintbrush from the box next to her. "What's he done? I'll kick that boy's ass I swear. I told you I would, didn't I?"

"I saw him with another girl at some cafe." "I blurt out.

"Oh my God. He's so dead- are you ok?" she grabs my arm and pulls me onto the beanbag next to her.

"I suppose. I know we aren't an item, but it still kinda hurts. I'm meant to be seeing him tomorrow."

"Hm..." she looks up at the ceiling for a few seconds. "I have an idea."

"Go on..."

"Lets go to the frat tomorrow. It won't seem weird. We can see how he acts towards you, then you can call him out on being a little bitch."

I think about it for a moment. This probably isn't the best idea, but I don't care.

"Let's do it."

(please vote :) )