Distancing Myself From You

Note: shesshh this story has 300+ reads. Thank You!! Anyways back to the story:)
Art: @yeetoldy from twt (again cuz I love their art sm. they even have new art daily. DAILY BRO)

---------

[Xiao POV]

My IPhone alarm rang. I woke up shivering because I did not use my blanket the whole night. I sat down and glanced at my bed, Venti was not there. I checked the date and the date and time, it was Friday, 7.49 am. I was surprised I woke up early despite me sleeping late yesterday. I walked out from room and saw Sophie getting breakfast ready.

"Uhm Sophie, where is Venti?"

"Ah Venti, he left quite early in the morning, around 6 am?" so early?

"Did he said anything?"

"Not really he just said to say bye to you" hm odd, is he always like this? Never saying anything before he leaves?

I got back to my room and started to prepare myself for the day.

Time Skip

Something was odd about today. I walked past the music room. I checked if Venti was inside. He did told me that was where he is always at. I slide the door open slowly and peeked inside the room to see nothing but the curtain getting blown by the wind. Hm that's strange. I strolled to class because I did not want to be early for class.

I slide the classroom door open. Venti nowhere to be seen in the room. I walked to Xingqiu and whispered to him.

"Uh where is Venti?"

"Oh him? I'm not sure.." as soon as he said that, Venti entered the room. He slided the door so aggressively. He was looking down on the floor and his fringe covered half of his face. I tried to give a waving gesture to him but he did not seem to be in the mood to be cheerful. I moved out of the way so he could go to his sit. He sat down, placed his bag on the floor and rest his head on his desk without saying anything. Xingqiu looked at me and shrugged his shoulder. That's strange of him. He is usually so friendly and cheerful.

I walked to my desk feeling worried about Venti current condition. I tried to brush it off but the thought about him looking like that made me anxious.

Time Skip

Class ended and it was lunch break. Venti left the classroom with Xingqiu. He still looked sick. The more I look at his face, I saw his unusual dark circles under his eyes. He never had those..

[Venti POV]

I hated it. I hated it. Whatever happened at Xiao house, I hated it. I looked down at the scratch the girl gave me. It was deep. She had really long painted finger nails. I walked to the washroom to wash my face as I needed to keep myself fresh and awake. I strolled to the washroom with my head low. I entered the washroom and there was someone infront of me. The Black shoes seems familiar. Shoot is Xiao. I moved back a few steps but he walked closer to me.

[Narrator POV]

Venti moved back a few step and Xiao followed. Venti hesitated and thought whether if he should walk away or speak to him. Before he could decide, Xiao already acted.

"V-venti, are you okay?" Xiao said as he lift Venti head up so Venti could look at him. Venti eyes started to water as he said those lines. Venti tore his eyes away from Xiao and remained silent. Xiao noticed the scratch on his elbow.

"What happened here?" Xiao asked as he rub Venti thumb. Venti pulled away.

"Is nothing. You do not have to get involved in everything related to me you know" Xiao looked at Venti as if he just said something mean to him. He grab both of Venti shoulder and pull Venti face closer to his face.

"How can I not be worried about it. You are my friend!" Xiao blurted it out without realising what he said.

"N-no I mean someone I care for" he said that as his face turned flushed red. Venti grin but Xiao did not notice it because he was not looking at Venti.

Suddenly the bell rang. Venti pull himself away from Xiao and walk out from the bathroom. Xiao tried to reached out to him but he could not do so.

[Venti POV]

The heck did Xiao said that for. For background info about me and him, when Xiao and I hang out, he always refuse to call me his friend for some reason. He kept on reprimanding this to me 'I'm only talking to you to kill time', because same. But ever since he said that I am his friend, my heart throb thinking about him. No I cannot catch feelings for this man. He is mean, rude etc. I entered the classroom before him and sat at my usual sit beside Xingqiu. He was reading his books again as always.

Right after I sat down, Xiao entered the classroom.
He clench his fist when he saw me. I tried to forget what happened in the washroom. I looked at Xiao, he seems, alright?

Time Skip

[Xiao POV]

"Class, you guys are going to do some pair work for this project. Choose you partner now. It can be anyone in the class" the teacher said. I was just resting my head on my desk while facing the window. I wanted to get Venti as my partner but since the complications between me and him, I decide to kept quiet. Venti did not seem to choose anyone, he remain quiet at his desk, doing nothing but facing down.

"What about Venti and Xiao? You guys not picking anyone" both of us remained silent.

"Well I guess both of you will partner up" Venti did not react a single bit after she said that. Venti stood up and strolled to the desk beside me.

"Okay so now is settled. Let's start doing the project. I'm going to start passing out some paper work for you guys to do so make sure each get one"
While the teacher was passing out the papers, I collected all my guts and courage to be the first one to make the first move and speak to Venti about the situation we are in.

"Venti. Why are you trying to avoid me?" his eyes suddenly widened in fear.

"I-i..."

[Venti POV]

The real reason why I am trying to avoid you is what happened at your house. When she spoke to you, you look like your got threaten because of me and I do not want that to happened again.

"Can we not talk about this?" Xiao stood up and pushing his chair back aggressively. He slammed the table as he shout at me.

"Why the heck are you acting like this!?" for the sake of him, I wanted him to stop speaking to me.

"I'm doing this for the sake of you!" I shouted. Everybody body turned to us as they see us argue. I looked and Xiao directly in his eyes as he noticed my eyes got watery. I walked out of the room and said nothing.

[Xiao POV]

For the sake of me?? My ass. You are just giving me more burden because I feel like it's my fault you are distancing yourself from me.

"Oh dear what happend to Venti?" my teacher asked.

"I'll go find him" she nodded as I ran out from the classroom and started to search for him. I went to places I thought he would be at such as the Music Room or the canteen but he was nowhere to be found.

Please come back Venti..

------------

Note: Happy Eid Mubarak to all my Muslims readers and hope you are having a great day celebrating with your family and friends. I am so sorry for the slow updates for this story. I have been very busy with school. Holidays are coming soon so I hope I get to update this more regularly. And also thank you for the reads and vote I'm getting. I appreciate it a lot:))