Clearing Things Up

Note: Anyways this song is so adorable.

--------------

[Xiao POV]

It was Saturday. The day where I have to meet up with Venti at the park. It was still early. The day went by so slowly. It fell like days till it reached 5.30pm. I was still irritated by him because of what I overheard in school. I was constantly checking the clock to see what time it was. I found myself feeling nervous because in the message he also said he wanted talk to me. What is he going to talk about to me? That question played in my head on loop. Anxiously checking my phone for any new messages. Why am I feeling like this?

It was finally 5.30. My phone was on the floor. I only stared at the ceiling doing nothing. I checked my phone to see if there was any new messages, nothing. I stood up, took my phone along with me and left the house.

I strolled to the park seeing Venti sitting, head tilted down. The more I got closer to him, I realised he was sleeping. How long has he been waiting for me? I'm early though.

"Venti. Venti? Wake up I'm here" I said as I pat his shoulder. He looked so tired. Sigh. I kneeled down infront of him, still patting his shoulder to wake up.

"Uh oh Xiao" he finally woke up. He looked up and smiled. Our face were so close to each other my faced. I stood up and turn back.

"Yea quickly give me your part for the project, I need to get back home soon" I said.

"Oh yea" he stood and took it from his bag.

"Uh here" he said as he give me the paper work.

"Okay I am leaving now" I said as I started to walk away.

"Wait hold on" he said as he stop me by grabbing onto my shirt.

"Uhm can we talk about something?" I sighed.

"Yes sure, please be quick about it"

"Uhm I'm sorry" he said as he bow to me. I narrowed my eyes in confusion. Why is he saying sorry. I should be the one saying sorry right now.

"The reason why I have been avoiding you because when I saw you getting threatened by the girl, I thought the cause of all that was me. I did not want you to get hurt like that again. I could not stand looking at your looking so afraid because of me. I hope you know that I care about you a lot because you are my dear friend and i-" he speed run through that paragraph.

I chuckled.

I turned around seeing tear drops from him. W-what? My heart ached seeing him crying because he thought he did something wrong to me.

I walked to him and gave him a tight hug. I rested my chin on his shoulder as I whisper to his ears.

"How dumb. That's such a dumb reason why you have been avoiding me this whole time. Seriously dumb and stupid. Don't worry me like that again" I hugged him as if he was going to break from how tight I hugged him.

He then hugged back. Suddenly my heart rate increased. What is this feeling am I feeling? He put his hands under mine and hugged me as tightly as me. I did not want to break this hug. It felt so comfortable and nice.

Venti pulled away from the hug and laughed it off.

"Well now we are in good terms I can go back home now"

"Oh"

"Why? Do you want me to stay longer? He said as he get closer to my face. He's acting normally now. I grinned seeing him looking fine now since we cleared things up.

"I'll walk you to the bus stop so you can get home" I look away as I slightly blushed.

"Alright thanks!" Venti said. I miss his cheerful self.

"How long did you wait for me?"

"Not that long"

"Why were you sleeping then?"

"I was tired"

"Oh"

Time Skip

[Narrator POV]

Xiao entered the school and the first thing he thought of was checking the music room if he was there. He ran toward the room and slided the door slowly and peeked inside the room. He saw Venti playing with something else, it was a light green lyre. The wind blowing through his braids and hair. Everything there was so peaceful and beautiful.

"Oh hi Xiao, wanna play with me?" he said as he stood up from the table and walked to him. He held both of his hands and pull him into the room.

"Here hold this" he started to adjust Xiao fingers so he could play a tune from the flute.

"Okay now blow slowly" he said. Xiao slowly blew and an awful tune played.

"pfftt hahahahahaahah" he laughed. He then continued to teased Xiao. He brought his face to Venti's face and pouted.

"Hey that's mean"

Both of their eyes widened because of how close they were to each other. So close. It felt like his heart was doing back flips. Both of their face turned flushed red. They then both looked away quickly. They tried to say something but both were stuttering like heck.

"uh"  "uh"

"huh what Venti, you can go first"

"No is fine you can go first I'll listen"

"No you"

"no you"

---------------

Note: This series will end soon maybe. Idk. BUT IS FINE KIDS. I DECIDED IT WILL BE A HAPPY ENDING. I'm making another book where the ending is sad cuz I feel like it yk 🤨.  I'm working on it rn so yes stay tune homie.