Tch

[Venti POV]

Hands still intertwined with each other, we entered the library. It was not filled with people, the library itself was pretty empty. So it felt like we got the whole library to ourselves. We climbed our way up to the second floor and once we got to the table we want to study on, Xiao let go of my hand and told me to sit across him.

I placed my bag down and took out my notebook and textbook. I started to summarise each chapter and write down important points or information from each chapter.

Xiao was just minding his own business. It was a very awkward first 10 minutes. We did not gave a single word to each other. We just looked at our textbook and studied like crazy. Well just him, not me actually ehe.

In the first 10 minutes, I was using my phone a lot. Xiao noticed how much I was texting so he did too also wondered who I was texting.

[Narrator POV]

Meanwhile..

Xiangling and the boys noticed that Xiao and Venti entered the library. Xiangling looked at the boys, signalling them they should follow them.

They entered the library as if they were just a normal passer by who wanted to take a look at the library. They looked around at level one to see both Xiao and Venti nowhere to be seen.

"Where are they" Xingqiu asked the two of them.
Both of them shook their head and shrugged their shoulders.

"Maybe they are upstairs. We haven't checked there yet" Chongyun suggested as he points towards the staircase. All of them agreed and slowly climbed up the stairs making sure they don't make loud footsteps.

They tiptoed their way up to level 2 to finally spot both Xiao and Venti. Venti was using his phone while Xiao was engrossed in studying.

They saw them. With that, they went back downstairs and find a place to sit. Spying on them sure was tiring. They decided to text Venti to tease him.

<Texting>

Xiangling: Are you still on ur date Venti HAHA

Venti: mhm you're funny Xiangling 😐

Xingqiu: We could've went to xianglimg house to try out her food but is fine you do you
Chongyun: Not xiangling food, I can't handle the spiciness
Xiangling: Sounds like a you problem, xingqiu likes it

Venti: Well we can do it next time ofc

Xiangling: Yep, I got some new food yall have not tried out :D
Xingqiu: mhm can't wait!
Chongyun: pls don't tell me is spicy again...
Xiangling: yes it is

Venti: ehe

Venti sighed in disappointment. I wish I could focus hard enough to study like Xiao , he thought to himself. He could not even bare writing notes for 5 min, let alone a hour or more. Everything seems so tiring to him. He just wants to go back to the music room and play his lyre or flute.

"Why are you not studying?" Xiao asked as he tilt his head up just enough to see only half of Venti face.

"Oh ehe I just can't seem to focus on my work that well" Venti responded. For some reason, that answer did not satisfy Xiao a single bit.

"Who are you always texting then" that's the question he wanted to ask all this time.

"Why do you care so much about me?" Venti did not hesitate. Why is he asking me so much question?

"tch because I like you, you freaking idiot" Xiao said as he stood up from his chair and slam the table with his hands.

The action did not even made Venti flinch, it was the words spoken out from this man mouth. The person he love so much. like? It sounded to foreign to him. Before he could give his reply to that sentence, Xiao left without any words.

"Eh Xiangling, you hear that? It sounds like someone is coming down" they tried to peek and look at the staircase who was coming down. It was Xiao. Everyone looked at each other and thought of the same thing what just happened? They looked at Xiao and see that Xiao seems mad? In a rush? They were not sure. They just know something happened between the two of them. They felt worried for Venti, they wanted to know what was Venti feeling right now. Was he feeling sad? Angry? They want just want to go upstairs and check up on Venti, but then Venti will know they have been spying on them this whole time. All these thoughts pannoyed them to the core. It does not matter anymore, they just want to do it.

"Xiangling make it seem you are walking around in the library and act like it was a coincidence you found him here" Chongyun suggested. Xiangling nodded and started to climb upstairs.

Where is Venti? She thought to herself as she scan the level. She finally found Venti, head resting on the table. She gasped to herself, she did not know why but she thought something bad have just happened it was all Xiao fault and was ready to fight one to one with this man who have just hurt her poor friend Venti.

She walked up to the timid boy slowly and gently tapped on his shoulder. Venti looked up with a smile on his face. Xiangling was surprised but relief nothing bad happened, maybe.

"Venti what happened? You seem happy?"

"Oh ehe nothing happened, why are you here?" Xiangling hesitated to answered him. uhm, what should I say? She thought of an answer, a fake one that sounds real hopefully.

"Uh oh, I was just trying to find books. Uhm cooking books to be exact I guess. I thought this level would have some, and that's when I found you here" Xiangling said she scratch the back of her neck.

"Who's things are these? And where is Xiao? Weren't you with him?" She asked, just to make sure Venti does not suspect anything.

"Very long story, I will explain it to you tomorrow. Now I need bring all his things to his house. See you tomorrow at your house!" he said as he pack everything in a rush and waved Xiangling good bye.

"Bye Xiangling!"

"Mhm bye!" she said as she waved back at him.

"So is he okay or not?" she said under her breathe. She sighed to herself and took out her cellphone. She opened the message app and updated the boys about the situation.

<Texting>
(They made this grp chat just for this btw)

Xiangling: Boys

Xingqiu: ah finally
Chongyun: is venti okay?

Xiangling: Actually to be really honest, I don't know

Xingqiu: What-

Xiangling: Come upstairs, I'll explain to u what happened.

She off her phone and put it in her pocket. She tried to think back what happened and something popped up in her head.

"Huh since when are we going to hang out at my house tomorrow??"

--------------------

Note: watch me update the story tmr 😩🙏