CHAPTER 04

"Woah, woah, woah, who do you think you are?" I pulled back and pushed him as hard as I could.

"Margaux it's me Hephaestion, remember? Have I changed a lot? I don't think so, you look thinner than before and also younger, is that even possible? I mean I- ah I," he stuttered as he look at me.

He pressed my shoulders together then carried me up just like a feather while turning me around.

"Woah this is the first time you didn't use than green dress of yours. Blue looks good at you though." he smiled as he pulls me back into a hug.

"Hey! Boundaries please," I complained but he didn't let go.

After a few minutes, more and more soldier came from each houses pulling the women and children out from their houses.

"What's happening?" I asked in between his arms. He gave me a little space to poke out my head but still has me caging in between his arms not wanting to let me go.

"Hey! What's wrong with you? Could you please let go of me now? It's not like I would go somewhere," I said still pushing him but he shook his head no.

"The last time we let go of you, we lost in touch for four years, we actually thought you were Roxana, you look exactly like her so Alex instantly married her- happy that she or you are the princess of Persia not knowing that she is not really you." he said holding my face up.

I furrowed my brows at him, Roxana? Princess of Persia? He's so wierd and i cannot even understand what he's saying.

I was about to ask him when a crying woman was stabbed in the chest by one of the soldiers.

"Ah!" I yelled horrified before burying my face in Hephalion's chest. Minute after minute the same kind of scream filled the air from other people making my knees tremble.

"He- hey," Hephation catches me before I completely fell. "Are you okay? Tell me something to make you feel at ease." he asked, worry washing all over his face.

"THE SCREAMS! Make them stop please!" I yelled as my tears started to flood down on my face.

"Shh, it's okay. There, there." he hushed me pulling me towards his chest before placing both of his palms in each side of my ears, covering them.

"Everyone! Cover their mouths!" I heard Hephaileon shout, his voice vibrating in his body making me tremble more in fear.

After a few seconds everything came silent, I tried to push him away from me but he refused to make me move as I felt him rip the hem of my dress and used it to cover my eyes. I raised my hand to take off the cover but he just held down my hand and carried me bridal style.

"Let go of me!" I shouted as I punched him. While we both pass through I heard muffled screams making stop my punching.

"Is everything alright Margaux?" he asked startling me, "Aww, you're as hard as a rock," I groaned after punching something hard.

I heard him chuckle making me pout. "Where are we going?" I asked after a few attempts of taking off my blindfold or even punch him in the eye.

"To a quiet place," he whispered before carrying me up to sit on something bumpy.

"Uh Heph, not that I'm complaining but.. I'm uncomfortable and imma-- I'm ah kinda losing my balance." I nervously sat as I did my best to maintain my balance.

Niegh!

A horse? "Heph, please don't tell me that I'm riding in a horse," I nervously asked as I used my hands to feel my surroundings.

"Keep still sweetheart, you'll fall," Hephaestion spoke after a few seconds before sitting down beside me.

He grabbed my arms and make we wrap something which I would guess to be his waist. "Put your arms around me, tight." he whispered. I took a deep breath and did exactly what he said.