CHAPTER 33

Alexander's POV

.
.
.
.
Flashback

"Alexander, come on. Just this once. Let her go, no one will know, no one will care." Hephaestion tried to convinced me.

I looked at him and back at the woman. She's looking at me with passion, as if she she knew me, she missed seeing me.

She isn't scared, she's happy. And it's wierd, why are you like this? Who are you?

I took a deep breath as she looks at Hephaestion with the same look. "You.. who are you? What's your name?"

"Margaux, my name is Margaux." She answered in the most sweetest voice I've ever heard.

I'm smitten by her but it looks like I'm not the only one..

"Alright, just this once." I let go my grip on her wrist.

She held her her wrists and gave me and Hephaestion a small smile. She stood up and ran off.

As soon as she was out of sight i climbed back at Bucephalus. And gave Hephaestion a mocking smirk.

"Why do you want to save that woman anyways? Do you have a secret girlfriend i should know about?" I teased him.

Hephaestion rolled his eyes at me and went back to the battle ground.

And that was the first time i met her.. Ms. Athena Margaux..

______________________________________________
.
.
Present Day

"Your Highness? You called for me?" Hephaestion entered the room with a lopsided smirk.

"Cut it, i need a friend right now." I threw my dagger at him but with a swift move he catched it before it hit him.

He chuckled and threw the dagger to the target. Bull's-eye as always.

"Why did you call for me Alex?" Heph's voice turned into a serious tone.

I sighed and sat straight.

"Remember the day we met Margaux?" I asked.

He nodded and sat down on the floor next to me.

"Yeah, what about it?" He asked.

"Well, I can't help but see a parallel, Just cause, when we met Athena.. Margaux. You convinced me to not execute her." I laughed at that thought.

"I did, i was smitten by her, it seems like you we're too." He whispered.

"Since then, we met her again, every after two years. Still alive and well. Every two years we see her, and everytime she looks at both of us with passion. But I can't help but notice that as time goes by, she looks at me more of a brother and you more of a.."

"Lover? Is that what you were gonna say?" Hephaestion finished my sentence.

"Well.."

"Everytime we see her, she goes straight to you. I don't know why but it was always you. The only time she focuses on me was when she was done talking to you." He said as he reminisces the old times. He was truly hurt but i was selfish and wanted that attention by myself that time.

"She gave you gifts.." i tried to make him feel better. He just scoffed and looked down to the ground.

"Gifts which means alot to me but still clueless on what it mean before and until now. I don't have the guts to question her though specially since she forgot everything we've been through."