CHAPTER 27

"When are you going?" I asked as i watch Hephaestion sharpen his sword. We are in the camp where soldiers, each preparing their armours, are passing by all ready for war.

I'm scared, i know he won't die but the injuries he might take.. no..

"Before dawn." He said and raised his sword up. The metal of the sword reflected the glorious beauty of the rising sun.

Ahh tomorrow. So little time left for us.

"How about us? What about me? You're leaving me?" I asked, i cleared the stone besides him then sat down.

"Use this, I'll sit there." Hephaestion stood up and gave me the stool he was sitting on.

We switched places but my eyes never left him. Heph noticed that i won't drop the topic anytime soon that he sighed.

"I'll be fine sweetheart, don't worry." He smiled genuinely and kissed me on the lips.

I bit my lip and kept silent after he let go. But- b-but.. nevermind.. although Heph is unusually silent today.

"Heph is there something wrong?" I asked worriedly.

"I'm fine, just having a little cough and headache." He shrugged it off. I raised brows, leaned in and felt his forehead.

"Heph your temperature is high!" I shouted then slapped his hands off his sword that took him by surprise, "You need to see the doctor, let's go." I pulled him up.

Heph shook his head and pulled me to his lap instead. I groaned in response as i glared at him.

"Heph please." I pleaded but he stood his ground.

"I don't believe in doctors Margaux, I'm sorry but i don't trust them besides it's a simple sickness anyways." He smiled and kissed my cheek.

Right.. this stubborn belief.. it's what got him in his deathbed based on his biography.. No! He can't die, no.. please no.. Draco? Draco!

Mademoiselle relax. He listens to you remember? Atleast on some parts.. but you can doctor him. Would you want him to travel and fight in that state?

No ofcourse not.. your right I'll doctor him. And I'll change his fate! I won't allow him to die. We still have alot more to discover about each other.. mine.. mine..

I felt Heph warm breath on my neck getting me out of my thoughts.

"You're worrying too much, you should relax." Heph teased and hugged me closer.

Hmm..

"If you refuse to go to the doctor, can i atleast convince you to stay at my home? Let me take care of you before you go? Like.. just me being your wifey for a day?" I asked as i burry my head in his neck.

"Wifey?" Heph chuckled at my use of words and hugged me even tighter. We stayed there for a couple of seconds before he backed out a bit.

"Sure, i plan to stay with you until dawn anyways.. but." He placed me back down the stool, kissed me one last time before standing up.

"But?" I asked urging him to continue. He clicked his tongue and looked at the tents.

"Adrastus," he shouted. I tilted my head and saw Adrastus scurrying towards our direction.

"Sweetheart, I'll see you later at the palace. I still have something to talk about with Adrastus." He smiled at me.

"B-but i thought we'll spend your last hours here with me?" I pouted.

Heph laughed and held my hands. "We will, that's a promise. I just need to talk to Adrastus.. about something.."

"Something?" I raised my brows.