CHAPTER 10

"Tell me, is this dress better than
the last one?" i asked Draco who is boredly sitting on the chair looking at me as i spin my dress around.

"Drac, come on help me out here." I complained as i continue to look at my self at the mirror, searching for some ugly spots and angles to fix right away.

"You look dashing Mademoiselle," he simply said and looked out the window.

"You literally said that for the last 5 dresses. Are you joking or not?" I threw my bow at him.

"But mademoiselle i ran out of words, besides you look good at anything you wear. Heph wouldn't care much about it anyway." He said.

I don't know if that was supposed to be a compliment or what.

"Fine never mind. This is the best so far." I said as i do a last twirl with my cream dress, the color matches my skin tone so much.

"Here don't forget the necklace and the mask. You have to hide your identity remember?" Draco reminded me.

He stood up and went behind me to fix the mask on my face and place the necklace around my neck.

"You look beautiful. I'd be watching you two but don't worry if you start smooching I'll look away. It's not like i want some live action. Anyways have fun and.. try not to give in with your.. you know what." He patted my shoulder and led me downstairs.

"Drac, I'm nervous." I whispered but he just shrugged.

"Wow you really did change your clothes, i see. You really shouldn't have, it's a simple picnic after all." Heph approached making me blush.

I looked at Drac to show my blush. He acted like he wanted to puke before leaning in to whisper something.

"I dont know if i say this enough but please don't forget that we're in an ancient time so try not to raise your hopes up."

"Your such a boomer. I know what I'm doing okay?" I raised both my thumbs to show that i am indeed okay.

"Yeah, sure you are." He rolled his eyes. He patted Heph's shoulder before waking away.

"Uh is he okay?" Heph asked.

I raised my shoulders and lead the way to the door. I did my best to look glamorous as i walk but was just interupted by a soldier rushing to talk to Heph.

"Sire, this is urgent.." the soldier did his best to catch his breath as he reports.

I made faces and crossed my arms. What now?

I looked at Hephaestion who remained stoic while listening to the soldier who's whispering whatever he is talking about.

Like hello? I'm not an enemy okay?

"Heph-" i called. He raised his right hand to stop me and brought his attention to the soldier.

I gritted my teeth and walked out the door.

"Urgh!" I shouted my frustration and leaned on the pillar, waiting for Hephaestion.

"Margaux I'm sorry but i have to go." Heph tapped my shoulders.

"Okay." I looked away with a heavy heart. I was looking forward for this.

Heph nodded and kissed my forehead before going to the side where 2 horses bieng attended by slaves.