CHAPTER 09

"Margaux! Margaux!" Heph shouted. The whole palace is trembling at the sound of his voice. It was deep and scary, worriness and anger evident from his shouts.

"Sir she's not in the library, kitchen, not in the thrones room either sir." A soldier reported.

I frowned and hid back at the pillar and looked at Draco.

"There's your prince charming," he boredly tsked.

"Yeah i know. So what do i do?" I panicked. I pulled a handful of my hair to restrain myself from doing something stupid.

"Just go outside then run towards him." He said with hooded eyes. His face is a bit pale, he's tired.

"Yeah right. Why the heck would i do that?" I whispered starting to get annoyed.

"I dunno.. Maybe because i could picture you doing it?" He teased again. I slapped his broad shoulders as hard as i could.

"Ow! Come on I'm pretty sure he'll hug you back. Now if you don't mind, I'm tired and i want a rest so.. bye!" He whispered then puffed out of sight.

"Wua!" I protested but he was already gone.

Out of frustration i raised a layer of my skirt and bit it to shuffle my scream.

I hate you! I hate you! I hate you! Your the worst.. ahh!

"Margaux?" A manly voice emerged from my side.

I slowly turned my head around, imagining myself in a slow-mo situation.

Why!? What did ever i do to deserve this!?

"Hsjhhwh?" I said in a muffled voice. Heph gave me a frown then raised his brows.

If only i could bang my head in this large pillar..

I nervously smiled as i take off the cloth in my mouth. I shamelessly wiped my mouth infront of them all before in straightened out my skirt.

I bit my lips as i look at all thier clueless faces one by one.

Phew.. okay, 1, 2, 3-

"Heph i missed you!!" I didn't think twice and just jumped to hug him. I wrapped my legs around his waist and flung my arms around his neck, clinging unto him like a koala.

I burried my face in his chest refusing to look up. I could feel the heat in my cheeks and I'm pretty sure that I'm as red as tomato.

This is so Embarrassing!!!

Hephaestion was caught off guard and almost got tripped because of my dangerous stunt. Thankfully using his knightly skills it didn't take long for him recover from shock.

He changed our position and carried me bridal style. I still refused to show my face.

"Margaux?" He called my name while gently pushing my head to look up. I shook my head no and hugged him tighter.

I sighed in relief when he ordered all of the people who helped him to find me continue their chores and leave us both alone.

"Can you atleast look at me now that they're gone?" Heph whispered. I slowly looked up at him with a sweet smile plastered in my face.

He is indeed handsome.

I took a deep breath, "Uh.. first of all.. hi. I was just looking for you, i just came from the village hoping that you were there. With no luck i didn't see you anywhere, where have you been?" I acted innocent.

He just smiled and took off the mask in my face. He sealed my lips with a soft kiss before carrying me towards the room.

"I'm sorry i had an urgent meeting with my soldiers." He explained while gently placing me down the soft bed.