CHAPTER 26

Strateira's POV

"My princess you called?" Atlas opened the door and gently closed it. I dropped my comb and placed my crown back.

Ahh, right where i belong.

"Yes, i need more information. More information on what happened inside the palace." I said and stood up meet him. I dropped down a small pouch full of coins and smiled at him.

"The King is furious about Roxana and Margaux's fight. I still don't understand yet the reason of this fight but one thing is for sure. Parysatis initiated the fight." He started.

"Parysatis?" I asked. Parysatis.. isn't she the good for nothing jealous cousin of the princess who want to have what Roxana has? She's a great threat and I'm not allowing her to seduce my man. The crown and land is mine.

"Yes, Parysatis." Atlas confirmed.

I nodded, "Hmm, does she like my future hubby?" I asked.

"By the looks of it, a little bit. I'm still debating on who Parysatis really like, the King or the Chiliarach. Me and Magnus are sorting this out so that we'll know who we should spy on." He explained.

I nodded my head once again. Atlas and Magnus are the most loyal ally our family have. We sent them more than a month before our departure from Macedon to keep an eye to our future husbands. Well more on mine since the King's promise on Drypetis could either be marrying to him or the Chiliarach. Drypetis is looking forward to the Chiliarach though.

At first we only have one problem, that is the Queen. Then suddenly there is Margaux who seems to be as attracted to the Chiliarach as Drypetis is. This infuriates her but that's her problem.

"How about Roxana? How is she coping up?" I asked. Roxana is easy to manipulate in her worst, it would be really great if I'm close to her but no. Margaux keeps getting in the way. She seems to be aware of our moves, her  eyes looking at us like she knew who we are at first sight. Teasing about her title on the first meeting was a total wreck, we shouldn't have done that. Now we have an additional problem.

"Her location is far beyond my reach my princess for only the royal guards and maids are allowed to enter her chamber." He answered. I closed my eyes and cussed. I took a couple of breaths and then opened my eyes.

"Atlas do your best, for all i know that Princess Roxana is planning something to stop the wedding. I will not allow her to do that." I gritted my teeth.

"Ofcourse princess, as you wish."

I looked outside my window and saw the carriage that is specifically made for Parysatis.

"Hmm i want to know more about this puny princess and her whereabouts. I feel like we can use her as a puppet inside the palace, since we are really not that welcome. With her in our hands, we can use her to know Roxana's plans over us so that we can counter it. And then when the time comes when a person is to blame? The blame will fall on her." I laughed and sat down my bed.

"Finally something great entered my ears. Anyways i have both, good news and bad news." My sister, Drypetis, entered my room with an annoyed face. I raised my brows at her sudden interuption.

I looked behind her and there is a maid and then Magnus.

Hmm, this can't be good. "And what is that dear sister?"

"Margaux sister, Margaux.."

______________________________________________

Drypetis's POV

"She talked to us and wanted us to spy on you two whenever you are around the palace so I'm afraid your moves inside the palace is limited." Minerva continued. I stomped my feet and walked back and forth.