CHAPTER 06

'Sleep tight Margaux. I promise to not screw up this time. I've already been given the chance that I've ever hoped for. I'll make the most out of it.. you'll be mine Athena Margaux, and not Alexander could stop that. I made a terrible decision once and I'm not doing it again. I promise that i would do my best to make you happy.. i love you..'

'i love you..'

'I love you..'

'I love you..'

Oh, fiddle sticks! Stop thinking about it Athena Margaux!

Ever since Heph said that, it became really awkward for me to be around with him. I often avoid him and i could tell he's clueless to what's happening.

But the thing is I'm not really doing my best with this avoiding thing. Wait, wait! Don't conclude yet. It's like.. okay here's the deal.

As i said It's awkward for me to be with someone that i know.. likes me. Adding to the point is that i really can't reciprocate his feelings, specially that it is already that deep.. but then again i can't really avoid him since Draco told me to give the man a chance and our lives would be in trouble if i avoid him too much. And ofcourse i listened.

A bit.. cause who knows what's going on better than me? That would be him.

I sighed as i skip the stone through the water.

Even I am getting myself confused...

We've been travelling for almost 3 weeks now. Gosh wherever that secret location is, it's pretty far. Thus we've been travelling with Heph's men so maybe that added with the slowness? Maybe?

They sure are disciplined since they could still keep their line even after walking for miles. Heph treated me like a princess- ofcourse or more like a queen, that's why we are resting beside this cool lagoon. I complained for bieng hot even though he made a special carriage for me to take shelter on but really I'm worried about his soldiers, they look really tired.

"You should really stop that," Drac patted my shoulder, freaking me out.

I sighed then tapped his hand on my shoulder.

"What do you mean stop? Stop what?" I asked as i move aside to give him some space to sit.

"Heph is punishing his soldiers because of you."

"Wha? What did i do now?" I asked confused. Really what?

"Well your pretty much avoiding him and you pay more attention to the soldiers than him. I overheard one of the soldiers talking that Mr. Hephaestion here almost killed that specific soldier that you preferred to talk to than him." He explained.

I face palmed then looked at the other side of the lagoon where Heph is leaning on a tree watching us darkly.

"Then what should i do?" I murmured as fix my sitting position.

"I don't know. Confront him maybe? Or flirt? I'm a guy and that is one way to ease the tension building up on us. Especially if the situation is jealousy." He whispered.

I nodded, "Drac, do you think i could reciprocate his feelings for me?"

Draco looked at me then chuckled, "Yeah, if you allow yourself. You see Mademoiselle liking someone.. it takes time. If you plan to open yourself to him, well don't push yourself too hard from the situation, Hephaestion seems to be willing to wait." He reassured.

I pursed my lips and looked down at the water.

"I'm planning to give it a chance. I just came from a relationship, it would be hard but then that greatest desire.. it seems to be pointing at love. And the only one i see around me that could be the answer is.. him." I said slowly, biting my lip hard.