CHAPTER 29

Drypetis's POV

"My Chiliarach.." I smiled from ear to ear. It worked! Now that i copied Margaux's style of clothing and body language, i can now focus on how i copy her voice. With that and a viel, he'll surely mistake me for her. You're mine now Chiliarach. I tried to reach out to him but he backed out immediately.

"Your highness, I'm deeply sorry for my action." He stopped me right there.

I frowned though deep inside, i am jumping for joy. "It's fine, I don't mind.."

"I must go. You should sleep too, princess. Sleep shouldn't be deprived from a beautiful lady such as you. Have a great evening or morning i might say." He bowed down and walked fast until he's out of sight.

"Ahh, I'll surely love doing this. Strateira would be really happy for me." I hummed and walked the opposite way.

Margaux goodluck witch.

_____________________________________________
.
Margaux's POV

"Alexander.. I- uh.." i bit my lip and looked away. What the heck! Why is he proposing!? What's happening?

"It's okay, I'll give you time for figure it out. I already asked for your brothers blessing since he's all you got. He gave me his approval to me and to.. Anyways choose wisely, and please remember me.. remember the things weve been through. You know that I've been waiting on this for so long." He pleaded and placed the ring in the middle of my palm.

Remember? What the heck do you mean!? Draco yes or no, am in a body of a dead person who happens to have the name exactly like mine!?

I gulped in response as i look at the ring, it's beautiful but.. my heart.. it's beating for someone else.. it's for Heph. Oh no.

"I- i need enough time to think this through.. How much time would you give me?" I asked nervously. Draco!

Mademoiselle you know that i can't enter there. Figure this out on your own, I'm sorry Mademoiselle. Draco whispered and cut the link.

I inhaled deeply as Alexander examines my face.

"Till we arrive in Susa." He then said after a minute then stood up to straightened his shirt.

Susa? SUSA!!

"Wait, wait, wait, what do you mean arrive in Susa?" I asked. Please don't, please no. The Susa weddings.. Drypetis, Strateira, Parysatis..

"You'll be travelling there together with Drypetis and Strateira. You'll wait for us there until we come back from the battle and that is when I'll be needing your answer." He said. I wanted to sink at that thought.

"How about Roxana? Parysatis?" I asked.

"Roxana won't go. Parysatis, she has better things to do." He shrugged.

"Margaux?" I heard a familiar voice knocking at the door.

Hephaestion! "Come in." I fixed my posture and looked at the door.

Heph peeked inside and looked at me then Alexander.

"Your turn brother. Good luck. Don't force her answer, we both must wait until we arrive in Susa." Alexander walked towards him, patted his shoulders and bid goodnight.

As soon as Alexander was out of sight, i immediately ran towards Heph and hugged him tightly.

"I can't.. I can't say yes to him." I sobbed and gave him the ring Alexander gave me.